Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity Legacy 3 pt hitch

720nut

Ok this gonna be a long one as I haven't mastered being able to add dialogue between pictures.Anyway seeing how I was not able to purchase 3 point I've decided to build my own using Powermax parts and yankee ingenuity.

So we start out just mocking up pieces to see if even possible and with help from Dave Wagner (Yukon) this is what I've come up with.

DSCN1752.JPG

DSCN1756.JPG

DSCN1757.JPG

We're getting there shaft added and cylinder that will tie into control valve

Oh and a little paint.

It's a long way from being done but I'll be working on it again first of the week

DSCN1760.JPG

DSCN1761.JPG

DSCN1762.JPG

DSCN1763.JPG

• Like 3

Guess I should mention that when I tried to install the rockshaft lift arm seized on the shaft so I put it into my press to put it on and as I was pushing my blocks broke and before I realized it had bent frame and I thought was total junk anyway Frame work  went flying out of garage ( temper ) and when it hit the cement bent it even more.

So I was able to get it straightened with jack and some heat (best tool ever made )

Also have to build new ram for my press bent it up pretty good

DSCN1759.JPG

DSCN1764.JPG

Edited by 720nut

Had a little time so thought why not install on tractor after all paint had dried

I'll be all weekend worrying if it will work, no hyd fittings or hoses or I'ld test before we leave

DSCN1765.JPG

5 minutes ago, tadams said:

You won't want too much weight on it, the front end might come up.

Got that covered will build weight bracket next .

Can't wait to get my 2 bottom plow on her

Edited by 720nut

Very nice job! I am interested to see how you run the hydraulics and will be eager for the beginning of the week when you work on it. Are you going to add a valve to select between hydraulic cylinders or will they work in unison? My favorite thing about the legacy was the foot control for the hydraulics. I miss that quite a bit and have even looked at how to add it back to the XL.

should be fun to see it pull a plow!

Boy, sure looks good Lloyd.  Wish I had that talent!   My neighbor has a relatively new lawn/garden tractor with a 3 point hitch, but I am sure disappointed in the way it was built and the way it works.  Your unit will work much better, and looks much better than his newer factory 3 point.

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 7:19 PM, Talntedmrgreen said:

(got that duplicate post deleted…)

Thanks Josh for deleting.

We just got home so tomorrow I'll see about getting fittings and see if she's gonna work or not.

Ok so went and ordered hoses and fittings $140, four fitting and two hoses, sure don't want to buy to many of them

Do the legacy have down pressure or a float position on hydraulics ?

The valve for the foot control has a float position. The cylinder midship has pressure both directions. Down pressure is going to depend on the cylinder used. 

3 hours ago, Talntedmrgreen said:

The valve for the foot control has a float position. The cylinder midship has pressure both directions. Down pressure is going to depend on the cylinder used. 

Thanks Josh, I'm using cylinder off a Powermax so hope it will, does on my 720

Got hoses hooked up and even got them the right way.

Put my York rake on and worked the drive, can't seem to find a float position on valve maybe a little more playing.

Also noticed it's not quite as heavy as the 720 so going to need weight and some bar tires, like to find some 26x12 Firestones

Josh you asked about the hydraulics, as someday it will have a loader (hopefully) I have eliminated the lift cylinder for the deck and hooked lines for 3 pt. direct. It raises just a little to high put a couple of scratches on rear of fender, but I feel I'm going to be pleased with the results.

Kind of hard to tell but does raise it a good little way up so I'll just put up with the scratches

DSCN1774.JPG

DSCN1773.JPG

DSCN1775.JPG

DSCN1776.JPG

Edited by 720nut

Are you able to weld a tab on either sode as a 'stop' for the arms?  Thats what oem had.  Oem used a rod from the center lift rockshaft that was adjustable, which was nice, but I mever cared for the 3pt and mid lift running in unison.  

Push the foot pedal forward to lift and when you feel resistance, give it another push.  Float is beyond the 'raise' position. The pedal will hold there and the hydro will remain open in float. 

Thought about the pad , will probably add a couple.

I've had lines both ways and have not found float yet will try you way and see

With a little weight and bar tires should be a beast, not quite as good though as my 620/720 , just my thoughts

• Like 1

OK here we are probably first Legacy with two bottom plow.

It did pull it but only a few inches deep, have wheel weights to put on only need longer bolts, bar tires would sure make a big difference.

DSCN1777.JPG

DSCN1778.JPG

• Like 1

Ok added a couple of chains really wanted to swing to the side when I angled the back blade.

So far it's pulled everything I've hooked to it but spun a little when down pressure is applied, keep forgetting about differential lock it my help

DSCN1790.JPG

Probably need to be careful about using that plow behind a non-XL Legacy.   The Sundstrand series 15 Hydro is only rated for 7 HP to the ground.   In my younger days we assumed every bottom required 10-15 HP.

It's not going to use it,  works fine behind my 620

With loader going on this going to be dedicated tractor

• Who's Online (See full list)

• ShaunE
    • B10Dave
    • maxwood
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts