Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity Legacy 3 pt hitch

720nut

Yea but Carl I'm having fun till something happens I'll continue to build and play

Not to be a smart XXX but I'm able to pull it in 3rd gear in my garden, little fast but it did it, 2nd is little better

Have (4) eight in. plows to build a 4 bottom as time will allow , I'm sure 620 will pull it time will tell.

Edited by 720nut

I love plow days.  When I go to one, I take either a 7790 diesel or my Sovereign with a 22 HP Command.  Both have plenty of power.  I plow deep and about as fast as I can just like you and like when I was a kid on the farm.  After about a half hour the Sundstrand starts to whine and it gets hot under the seat.  I keep on pulling fast.  I don't worry about trashing the Sunstrand on a Sovereign because I have a pile of them, they are cheap, and it isn't a bad job to replace one of them.  However, the Sunstrands for a Sunstar. non-XL Legacy, or PowrMax are not so readily available.  Particularly for the PowrMax which are like hensteeth.  Simplicity did not reference sell a 2 bottom plow for the Sundstrand equipped tractors.  I am not particularly surprised that you have enough horsepower to pull multiple bottoms.  But while we may think the Sunstrands are indestructible, they have limits when you double (or quadruple) the load.

Sunstars and legacys...especially parts machines, are getting darn cheap.  I think I would rather risk one of those than a Powermax actually.  Powermax’s seem to be about the only thing on the upswing in the market right now.  

I plow my garden with it , since I built it holds sort of a fascination to say and if I tear one up then It's my fault and I'll deal with it.

The legacy definitely needs weight to even consider pulling this plow and would no doubt create more heat and possibly self destruct. 

Edited by 720nut

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts