Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

7012 questions

for those ive talked with via email, im finally tearing into the landlord!, the temps here in northern MN finally got nice enough to use handtools outside! I read somewhere, someone talking about operation on inclines, will prolonged use on an incline harm this motor (12 hp kohler)? And, what are the speciific benefits of switching points to electronic ig.? How difficult is the chang-out? finally, what brand of primer do you folks use? ps. my son looked at all these parts and asked me, "why dont i just by a new honda", have i been a bad father....................?

MPH
I like the self etching primer, get mine from NAPA, only local choice. How old is your son? hope he's young enough to get interested. I encourage anyone with preschool age kids to built at least a small shop, even if you have to pay interest on it, that's the age to get your kids into 'new' areas, two year olds rule...MPH

My son is 16, weve been re-doing a three wheeler, and I picked up a cute little 616 in hopes he will want to fix that up...but, 16 years old, hunting,fishing,cars,girls. I agree, expose em to as much as those young minds can soak up. Now two year olds, youve got your work cut out for you!

80 acres, one flat spot,where the house sits, and thats currently under scrutingy, I have been using a 96 broadmoor with a 15 single briggs with an oil pump and filter. I just started a 1 acre orchard (apples and American chestnuts) sits on the hillside...my point, MOST of my mowing is at an angle.

Tiny
Like Brent said there was a twin cylinder KT 17 produced in the beginning that was replaced by the KT17 II that had a better splash system installed in the lower end to stop the problem with blowing them on inclines because they were LOW ON OIL. They installed a better or improved "paddle" on the end of the connecting rod ?? to splash that much more oil around on the inside of the engine especially when it was used on hilly terrain with low oil. I believe that KT17 was the only engine that problem occurred with routinely.

speaking of hunting and women, my granpa said dating was like hunting, the ones you pass up never come back. Interpret that how you wish!