Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Trading w/Friends

gwiseman

Thanks to Josh (Talntedmrgreen) and Carl (CarlH) I came home with some useful, and heavy stuff. Never see Gill Manufacturing Co equipment in my area. Looks like Gill made pulverizers, cultivators, spiker and seeders.

fullsizeoutput_8a2.thumb.jpeg.28de4ead768927151cf40716935ee7dc.jpeg

I was excited to get the opportunity to acquire this original beauty from Josh

IMG_0998.thumb.JPG.f529ef0e5b84f04108108d0bd01c5396.JPG

And it looks so darn good behind the B-210

fullsizeoutput_8a3.thumb.jpeg.17cca672e792c9acf9742826786100d3.jpeg

IMG_1013.thumb.JPG.0f957ebce228800e1d8c315699cd6d3d.JPG

Any good shop should contain an anvil shouldn't it? Carl came through with that wish. He's found several things on my wish list over the years but this must be the one most condensed. 

IMG_0999.thumb.JPG.8355a3af4b6877ea33ef5a15aca2d5e0.JPG

Helps to have good friends with similar interests. 

Edited by gwiseman
  • Like 5

• gwiseman changed the title to Trading w/Friends

Gene; those anvils go at auction in my area anywhere from $100 to $500 depending  on who is at the sale.

• Like 1

Love my old Peter Wright anvil & use it almost daily.  Rivet forge isn't used quite as often.  But precious tools to have.

• Like 1

Nice attachment. I like the multitude of allied attachments available to really add to one's collection and the versatility to the hobby.

I would love to have an anvil like that. I still haven't found one close enough that anyone would be willing to part with. The closest I have found to one that was available was an anvil half buried in the dirt in a guys yard. He was going to keep it and put it in his shop. That was almost three years ago and it is still half buried in the dirt.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wwbragg said:

Too bad those spikes on that aerator aren't 12 - 18 inches long.  That would solve my mole problem.

Quite easy to remedy just build one dOd

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 720nut said:

Quite easy to remedy just build one dOd

I'm thinkin'.

I'm thinkin'.

I could cut some rebar into 18" lengths and weld them onto the tank from an old water heater.  

I think we are on to something, here.