Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

1975 Sovereign 7016

dreaco_99

Greg, welcome to the club. Best grab your dads Landlord while you got easy dibs on it, that way you have some help sitting by when you get the ole Simplicity fever, and you WILL...MPH

Nah, you don't want any of that old junk. For a small fee I'm sure I can be talked into taking it off your hands.... lol Kudos on your tractor. I too would like to see pics of the Landlord, mine's the (1971) 3310 V, Ser. No. 001249. Any chance on that Landlord having a tiller?

I am a new member...I just bought this tractor from the original owner for $1700.00. It has the electric lift/pto, has 16 hp B/S, and is the Sunstrand hydrostatic xmission. I have the snowthrower, 48" mower, tiller, and dozer blade with it. It also has the Simplicity cab assembly. Everything looks to be in better than average condition, all components work, and the motor has been freshly rebuilt. Hopefully I'll have some pics put up in the coming days. I DO have a question though...my father has an older (early 60's) Simplicity Landlord, 11hp, and is all manual. This tractor is retired and sits behind his garage in the shed, unused. It has a few attachments that I am interested in resurrecting to use on mine. Would they fit or would I be better off looking around for for some that I wouldn't have to modify? Specifically, he's got a rear disk harrow, and a grader (belly) blade.

Greg, Welcome to the club. Both your dad's disc harrow, and grader blade should hook up to your 7016 without any modifications.

Based on Kent's "Favorite Tractor" poll, I'm sure I'm not the only "Landlord Fan" that would like to see a pic of your Dad's old iron....

Well Kirk, actually it DOES have the tiller attachment with it. My father's Landlord has the harrow and the belly grader blade that I'm going to use, but it also has the mower deck (not sure which size...probably 42"), dozer blade, and the tiller attachment. When he parked it several years back, EVERYTHING ran fine. It's not the prettiest rig in the world, but it ran like Simplicity clockwork. I know that he had also bought another Landlord cadaver to use as a parts rig, but I think that one has gone to the great lawns in the sky. For the record, I spoke with my father over the phone last night and he's going to give me the whole lot of stuff he's got. I'll be picking up the old Landlord and all the attachments/spare parts he's got sometime in the coming weeks. I need to finish putting up my new garage first though...wifey doesn't want some "old relic sitting in the yard like an eyesore." She just doesn't understand... For those interested, I'll be going through what he's got and will certainly pass along the info to everyone. I haven't decided what I'm going to do with everything, so keep convincing me of what I SHOULD be doing!

If its coming home and going straight in the garage, and its from your dad, thus your heritage, seems like a clear cut deal to me..MPH