Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

jimmystractor

Buffing time!

jimmystractor

Earlier this year, I made a run to Iowa and picked up two Sovereign 18's. One had power steering with a barely running triad...that was the keeper. A few weeks ago, I put a command in this tractor. I spent some time tonight cleaning it up and buffing it. Here is a picture of it still in the barn where I got it from...

IMG_1177.PNG

So here is what it looks like now. I haven't buffed the foot rests at all. Just the seat pan and hood. I also put a spare seat I had and some cast weights I had...that and a command. I swapped gas tanks out when I did the motor changeover as well. Here is how she sits tonight. They clean up nice with some polish and love!

IMG_1260.JPG

IMG_1261.JPG

IMG_1263.JPG

Edited by jimmystractor
  • Like 3

jimmystractor

The only reason I used the black tank was because I knew it was clean and the screen was recently changed in the bottom.

Edited by jimmystractor

PhanDad

Excellent work.

As others said, you can visit anytime to buff/polish any of my tractors (and truck too).

As to the gas tank, I prefer the translucent ones; they make filling so much easier.

• Like 2

rich_kildow

Looks awesome!

On a related (somewhat) note, is that a newer OEM seat and mount?  I see you replaced it since the purchase and need to do the same on one of mine.  The mount looks way different than the 2 long hinges I have on both of mine, though.

• Like 1

jimmystractor
53 minutes ago, rich_kildow said:

Looks awesome!

On a related (somewhat) note, is that a newer OEM seat and mount?  I see you replaced it since the purchase and need to do the same on one of mine.  The mount looks way different than the 2 long hinges I have on both of mine, though.

So the mount is the same one that was on the tractor and is stock. The triad I pulled out was a 1999 so I am assuming the tractor is a 1999. The seat you see on there now is from a sovereign 18 Hydro but from a few years earlier. 

I do find it interesting that the sovereign 18 from the mid nineties had a very good seat that wears like iron and also came with the command engine which was great. Then by the late nineties they had seats that did not last and were putting the triad engine in them...which was not great.

Chris727
8 hours ago, jimmystractor said:

So the mount is the same one that was on the tractor and is stock. The triad I pulled out was a 1999 so I am assuming the tractor is a 1999. The seat you see on there now is from a sovereign 18 Hydro but from a few years earlier. 

I do find it interesting that the sovereign 18 from the mid nineties had a very good seat that wears like iron and also came with the command engine which was great. Then by the late nineties they had seats that did not last and were putting the triad engine in them...which was not great.

Those rubber seats were the best. My '98 Landlord had one. Bought a nice used one and put it on my '99 Landlord I mow with now. Some of the farm stores are selling a similarly made "rubber covered" seat. I've had good luck with those too. Put one on the ugly B-110 several years ago. 

720nut

I visited the old Michigan Seat Co. in Jackson Mi. a while back had seat and part # and they didn't seem the least bit interested in helping me find a seat ?

Just thought I'ld share.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• SmilinSam
    • marksr
    • MercerRec
    • PGL
    • Marty-MN
    • BLT
    • bkassulke
    • Ben1981
    • RickS
    • NateShedivy
    • GregB
    • PhanDad
    • Tom45
  • Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Recent Status Updates

• Paul M.Murphy

Paul M.Murphy

Hello glad I got on this site. I hope to upload a couple of photos of my Simplicity Broadmoor 
      Model 707 Tractor. I have replaced all the belts on it and installed a new ignition switch.
      Have a mower deck which was in poor shape , repaced a couple of bushings and welded the
      deck where there was some holes. The tractor and mower deck came from a friend and the 
      mower deck metal was getting pretty thin. Some new metal was put in it and we also undercoated the underside of the deck. This was done by my friend Greg Toulman.
      I have not put the mower deck on the tractor yet, waiting for Greg to come home and give me a hand. Can you please tell me if there is a manual for the mower deck and where I could get one.
      I would also like to get some moon wheel discs as well.
      I will try and down load some photos of the tractor when my wife shows me how to. 
      I really love driving this tractor and also how well it is made compare today's tractors, especially the flexible rear end and the rollers.
      Tell the next time 
      Paul

· 8 replies
    • jbrooks

jbrooks  »  Talntedmrgreen

Josh

folowing  this from a link at the downloads.  I just rescued an AC 920 with the lambodini diesel. I can' t download  yet .  Where did you find the PDF copy you posted. . I would like to figure out how to adjust the injection pump. 
      I assume it's a bosche, correct
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts