Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Are we CHEAP, or what?

Dutch

But, if we keep bringing this up about how cheap Simplicity parts are. We won't even be able to afford them. People will think we want the prices to go up and begin raising the prices on Simplicity parts. Is this right?

It's right if you happen to be sitting on a railroad car load of parts. If you are like me and have very little then it isn't right, lol

I'm confused, as usual. Isn't this the same "club" that was commenting that Simple trACtors has already driven the prices up?

The Sears looks like it weighs more. They go by the pound don't they? Around here the only ones using the sickle bars is the highway dept...MadManX

Kent, Don't know about the "club", but I speculated that Simple trACtors was driving AC/simp prices up. That's still my belief. But, when you compare what AC/Simp stuff sells for to Bolens, JD, etc., AC/Simp stuff is still a bargain.

Like we learned in HS. supply and demand. Alot of Sears guys and not enough Sears sicklebars. Not alot of Simplicity guys and enough sicklebars........plus were cheap as $&((.....Art

Or are they still eligable for a Craftsman club discount no matter what the age of the purchase(haha)

Maybe I could find someone to trade my sicklebar mower for a powermax.I got mine at a DavidBradley show.Bob

I truely beleive that the value of our Simplicity and Allis Chalmers tractors are far more that they are currently selling for. I think the price for them will soon increase due to, like Art said, the lack of supply. I dont see near as many available as I used to. After enough people get sick of burning through their newer cheapy tractors for 1500 dollars a pop, they will smarten up to what we already know. Plus, it seems that collecting old items is becoming vouge. Hey look at us, were not cheap, Were styl'en. Dan

I think maybe that's because there problably are alot more Sears owners than there are Simplicity. Our tractors are not as common so maybe there is less of a demand for them.

Cleanbee: I've been catching it for the past couple of years about why I don"t get rid of this junk and buy a new "tractor". Fact of the matter is there is nothing out there I've seen that will do what these will and my newest one is about 37 years old. I've been lucky--never spent very much for any one tractor or implement.