Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My latest

720nut

Picked this up yesterday from Smilin Sam , 800 mile road trip, 

Didn't think but really was a pleasure to finally meet Sam and son Stephen really nice people dOd

DSCN1779.JPG

DSCN1780.JPG

Edited by 720nut
  • Like 4

You finally got a FEL Lloyd....congrats! Awesome that another member could help you in your search. Is that for the legacy?

Edited by jimmystractor
  • Like 1

Very nice!  I think you will find that to be a very capable machine.  foot hydro, power steering and differential lock on the fly spoiled me for any loader work. dOd

• Like 1

May not happen for few days , it rained this morning and real wet to mow so I'm behind and fatherinlaw found wood to cut( he knows how to keep us hoppin) needs done right away so gunna be busy

OK you want pictures ?

This is where we start, basicly just pile of parts, wieght box was wondering if it is original equipment?

Front drive shaft set up for a lovejoy coupler.

And as you see I've already got the hood and bumper off off

DSCN1784.JPG

DSCN1783.JPG

DSCN1782.JPG

DSCN1785.JPG

DSCN1787.JPG

DSCN1786.JPG

DSCN1788.JPG

DSCN1789.JPG

DSCN1781.JPG

Edited by 720nut
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, 720nut said:

Downsizing?  What's that?

Believe I've conceded defeat.

I also thought of downsizing years ago. I've given up on it. I can't pick just one or two. Can't get rid of them all either. Just kind of stuck. I am getting tired of spending countless hours fixing the $150-$250 junkers that no one will buy as projects, but I can't bring myself to scrap.  Its nice that you got to meet Sam and Stephen. Always have a great time visiting with them at the ice cream social. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chris727 said:

I also thought of downsizing years ago. I've given up on it. I can't pick just one or two. Can't get rid of them all either. Just kind of stuck. I am getting tired of spending countless hours fixing the $150-$250 junkers that no one will buy as projects, but I can't bring myself to scrap.  Its nice that you got to meet Sam and Stephen. Always have a great time visiting with them at the ice cream social. 

I've met so many wonderful people since becoming a member here that share the same love for these tractors as I do and hope to meet many more.

Chris I'm feeling the same on the little ones just so much invested and don't want to scrap either, I actually thought there was a better market for them or I wouldn't have messed with them.

• Like 2

What happened to the other goodies you were going to get on the way back?

The box of bolts and pins I forgot to give you are going out in the mail today. Should have them in 2 days.

9 hours ago, 720nut said:

Downsizing?  What's that?

Believe I've conceded defeat.

Yeah, I hear that too..

Like I said, I cant seem to get below 8 and stay there

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SmilinSam said:

What happened to the other goodies you were going to get on the way back?

The box of bolts and pins I forgot to give you are going out in the mail today. Should have them in 2 days.

I called the guy when I left Stephen and he wouldn't work with me on the Sunstar and being tired I said the heck with it and John I called and didn't answer so decided just to go home.

Called John yesterday about loader and set it up so Shaun could pick it up and He decided I could just pay him and he would go get the loader so, a road trip in order to Janesville Wi. first of Nov.

Made a little head way on loader, was considering waiting till I got one from Shaun but decided to mount this one.

Got mount for pump welded in, and have under carriage on with a few bolts need to finish tomorrow, there calling for rain so it'll be a good work day

Changed the front shaft so as to use the lovejoy coupler think I got it on a little angle but it'll work fine

DSCN1791.JPG

DSCN1792.JPG

Ok folks , just decided that I'm going to use the other loader I just bought and rework this one to fit my 720.

I tried last night to get under mount to bolt up and seem that frame is either bent or when they welded all the reinforcements on they pulled it anyway only got three bolts in .

It ain't no big deal as other loader is like near new condition, probably just cut mount out that I just welded in

It'll be around first on November before I get loader but then I'll post more pictures, sorry for the delay

Edited by 720nut

• 2 weeks later...

I got mount to bolt up and am going to put this one on Legacy and start looking for a 4x4 XL

I'm not sure the price on these machines but figure Josh will enlighten me

Nice that you're making some progress. I haven't made much progress on my loader, and I've had everything I needed to complete it for several years. Just always busy with something else. 

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 9:01 PM, Chris727 said:

Nice that you're making some progress. I haven't made much progress on my loader, and I've had everything I needed to complete it for several years. Just always busy with something else. 

Know the feeling

• Like 1

Ok got loader on tonight in rain storm  but the way it is setup I'll have to do some rerouting in pump hoses.

Shot of pump makes it look simple but really very little room to move in there, I have floor jack and stands under bucket to hold up till I get hoses connected

Real shame that people hack things up instead of just fixing right, I get a chance to look at Yukon's loader soon I'll rework this so it's easier to install.

DSCN1803.JPG

DSCN1805.JPG

DSCN1804.JPG

looks good lloyd. it will be nice to run with the foot control trans so you can free up a hand to steer with unlike on the power max tractors

15 minutes ago, s_stephen said:

looks good lloyd. it will be nice to run with the foot control trans so you can free up a hand to steer with unlike on the power max tractors

Yea it will but I just bought a Simplicity to get the Danco loader for my 620.

Origanaly I had planned to add foot control on the 620 too but to many projects.

Ok she's up and running, only question is do I leave 3 point on or take off to put rear weight box on ?

DSCN1807.JPG

Edited by 720nut