Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Is there ANY grass left out there?

LarryC

Does anyone have any grass left out there to cut? My grass is so dry here in central NJ that I'm afraid to walk on it for fear the friction will light it on fire! Weatherman says thunderstorms coming - but I'll beleive that when......well.....you know when. :( I know - how about a contest for who has the driest lawn - what do you say? I know its not you DLC - your lawn's probably all soaking wet from splashing around and doing belly flops in that nice pool all day!

Its good to read you Jeff. Yes infact I live in south east Mi and have been cutting at least once a week and its not from dlc from doing belly flops either unless he's found away to get his water sent air mail. Have a good one Jeff->jackl->happyjack<-

Well, here's a report from Western Michigan. It's still pretty lush, grass is still green and the corn is abundant. For how long is anybody's guess. No rain in next week's forecast!

Well eastern PA has the same conditions as NJ. Nothing but brown grass and green weeds, mowed the weeds down two weeks ago and now the Queen Ann's Lace is a foot tall. Guess it doesn't need water. My grass is so dried out I don't think it will come back even if we ever get rain. Can't water it either because the town has banned watering of lawns and washing cars because of the drought. The temp hit 100 here today. Tim

Another message from West MI. Lawn looks good, corn is doing great. Sorry to hear of the dry conditions out east...

Rob

It's very dry here in western Va. I haven't had to mow grass for a month. The corn is only about half as tall as it should be and I'm not sure there will be a second cutting of hay. Even the trees whisle for the dogs to come to them.

Grass is VERY burnt and dry here in SE NY too!And if it's green around the pool[which it isn't!] it's all my 'company's' fault for splashing H2O out! How'd you want that steak J.N...Med. or well done!Pass another mich..

It's VERY dry here in south-central Massachusetts. We had thunderstorms about a week ago that dumped 1/2" to 1" in spots. That gave us some short-term relief from brush fires, but it has since dried out and time to start watering again. Other than that one series of storms, we've had no rain since before Memorial day. June was the driest in recorded history. We're also on restricted watering, due to the mild, dry winter and now the hot, dry summer.

Combine this drought with now our second bout of record-setting temps -- yesterday was supposed to be 100 degrees and it certainly felt like it made it....
The July 4th weekend also set records. Certainly makes vegetable gardening a challenge too.

Here in west central ohio have had about 2/10's of an inch of rain in the last 2.5 months. High 90's and 96% humidity. If it gets anymore humid here, I am afraid that my lungs will fill up with water. The ground is so dry, that the other day I heard my Chow Chow barking and howling, and when I went out to see what was going on I found he had fell into a crack in the yard. Maybe one of the many moles that are waging war on my lawn will give him some assistance.

Tonight we are hosting a rain dance with the Shawnee indians complete with steaks, beer and brats!

Growing 2-3" a week here in interior Alaska. But I ain't complainin. Next month it'll probably be snowin 2-3" a week :o/

Here in northwest Ohio, it has been dry too. I knocked the tops off the weeds 2 weeks ago, but untill yesterday, the lawn looked like it did the day I mowed. The reason for that is, the county fair started, it always rains on fair week.

After a two week dry spell Wisconsin got hit with another 4-6" of rain depending where you live. So it is back to mowing every third day. If you "dry" people are that hard pressed to mow, you can mow mine,even ride a Simplicity.