• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Site will be down Thurssday 10/19/17 for maintenance   10/18/2017

The site will be updated to the latest major release of the core software.. Due to the number of add-ons, the site may be down for a few hours.  Thanks for your patience and understanding.
MDB

Dealer prepping a new B-110

8 posts in this topic

That was neat to watch...

Kind of surprising how much dealer assembly  and adjustment there was.  A window into a slightly slower (Less rushed) time. I suspect back then most of these tractors were ordered and delivered, instead of being on a lot or at a dealer like most mowers are now.

That's also probably the only time you get to work on it with no rust or dirt of grease or grass all over it!

I'll have to try that pick up the mower with the left hand while standing, and insert the pin with the right. Somehow that seems like it was easier on the video than in real life...

Thanks for posting the link.

I wonder if my cousin (an Allis Co salesman at the time he got my Dad the B-110) did all the prep work?  Tractor was ready when I went to pick it up.

6 hours ago, GWGAllisfan said:

That was neat to watch...

Kind of surprising how much dealer assembly  and adjustment there was.  A window into a slightly slower (Less rushed) time. I suspect back then most of these tractors were ordered and delivered, instead of being on a lot or at a dealer like most mowers are now.

That's also probably the only time you get to work on it with no rust or dirt of grease or grass all over it!

I'll have to try that pick up the mower with the left hand while standing, and insert the pin with the right. Somehow that seems like it was easier on the video than in real life...

I can do that with a 36"but it's tough with a 42". I usually use a 2x4 under the leading edge as a cheater device. 

1 person likes this

I have seen a mower that came out of a crate, it is not a b110 but it is a b series. Looks so much nicer than anything I have ever had.