Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Dealer prepping a new B-110

MDB

That was neat to watch...

Kind of surprising how much dealer assembly  and adjustment there was.  A window into a slightly slower (Less rushed) time. I suspect back then most of these tractors were ordered and delivered, instead of being on a lot or at a dealer like most mowers are now.

That's also probably the only time you get to work on it with no rust or dirt of grease or grass all over it!

I'll have to try that pick up the mower with the left hand while standing, and insert the pin with the right. Somehow that seems like it was easier on the video than in real life...

Thanks for posting the link.

I wonder if my cousin (an Allis Co salesman at the time he got my Dad the B-110) did all the prep work?  Tractor was ready when I went to pick it up.

Thanks for sharing! Good reference for adjustment and restoration. I love the matching hat and jacket the tech is wearing. dOd

6 hours ago, GWGAllisfan said:

That was neat to watch...

Kind of surprising how much dealer assembly  and adjustment there was.  A window into a slightly slower (Less rushed) time. I suspect back then most of these tractors were ordered and delivered, instead of being on a lot or at a dealer like most mowers are now.

That's also probably the only time you get to work on it with no rust or dirt of grease or grass all over it!

I'll have to try that pick up the mower with the left hand while standing, and insert the pin with the right. Somehow that seems like it was easier on the video than in real life...

I can do that with a 36"but it's tough with a 42". I usually use a 2x4 under the leading edge as a cheater device. 

• Like 1

I have seen a mower that came out of a crate, it is not a b110 but it is a b series. Looks so much nicer than anything I have ever had.