Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
nitsuj.stauder

tracked down a snow blower to go with the 912H and have a few questions

nitsuj.stauder

Well i picked up a 912H a few months back just recently came across a thrower to go with it, model 1690547. Overall it was in pretty good shape with some minor rust, some caked on pine needles, and some "aftermarket" wings made of sheet metal, angle iron and furniture casters. It was a site, and took the 36in wide thrower to over 5' wide. Forgive me but i didn't take a picture before i took it all off and started to disassemble it. Q1 I have come across some conflicting info about belt size for this match up. Does anyone know the correct belt size to run a 912H and the 1690547 thrower? Q2 I took a look to find some new skids to put on the thrower, but everything I've come up with are no longer available. Are there any aftermarket skids that could be easily modded to fit this thrower? 

Thanks for the help 

IMG_0545-2.JPG

IMG_0544.JPG

rich_kildow

I put ArmorSkids on everything I use, and they are awesome.  I see they have an "extra tall and extra long unit that I think I'm going to pick up.  My main blower is starting to have the non-driven side wall bend in a bit, and I think that would help.

MikeES

I assume that you are driving the thrower from the center PTO because it is a 900 series tractor.  The belt size is 5/8" x 147".  The Simplicity belt part number is 1666324 and should be listed on the underside your hood.

PhanDad

Also check the snow blower driven pulley hub.  Depending on how you're going to drive the snowblower (front or mid PTO), the hub faces a different direction.

I believe the 1690547 snowblower mfg before the mid PTO setup, so the "stock" version has the hub closest to the snow blower chain side (left as sitting on the tractor).  If your going to be using the mid PTO, the hub has to be away from the chain side so belt aligns properly with the single pulley hitch pulley.  

BLT
On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 8:24 PM, MikeES said:

I assume that you are driving the thrower from the center PTO because it is a 900 series tractor.  The belt size is 5/8" x 147".  The Simplicity belt part number is 1666324 and should be listed on the underside your hood.

Belt should be 1666798 , 1/2 X 147" .