Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity and the Promised Land

wwbragg

Having just come home from Sunday school, I realized that the history of the Simplicity brand is not much unlike that of the tribes of Israel.   

Jacob lived in the land of Canaan where the family had thrived for generations.  His favorite son, Joseph, was sold to Egyptian traders.  Joseph later brought the family into Egypt to avoid widespread famine.  The family grew and became strong in Egypt but they wanted to go back to Canaan and be on their own.  They were successful for a number of years but eventually conquered by Nebuchadnezzar.

Simplicity thrived on its own for many years but was eventually sold into Allis Chalmers.  The brand grew and became stronger but eventually left the land of Allis Chalmers to be on its own.  It was successful for a few more years but was eventually conquered by the mighty Briggs & Stratton.

I’m just sayin’ . . .

• Like 2

I was just going to say the exact same thing. .You took the words right out of my mouth  That's spooky..9_9

Edited by fishnwiz

1 hour ago, fishnwiz said:

I was just going to say the exact same thing. .You took the words right out of my mouth  That's spooky..9_9

Yeah, so if the Israelites were "the Lord's chosen people, then Simplicity must be the Lord's chosen tractor.  Right?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wwbragg said:

Yeah, so if the Israelites were "the Lord's chosen people, then Simplicity must be the Lord's chosen tractor.  Right?

If that's so, how long until they are restored to their former greatness?

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Chris727
    • littlemarv
    • Ronald Hribar
    • Tommysbuilders
    • NandoG
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts