Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B112_son

Legacy XL

B112_son

Came across a legacy XL at a local dealer today, didn’t talk to anyone but a couple of questions came to mind. It has the 27hp lc Kawasaki and the decals not say it 4x4, however has the 4x4 shifter. I’m assuming it is indeed 4x4 since it has the shifter, ? Can anyone shed any light on this?  

Also it does not have have rear 3point or Pto. So then what’s it worth?  If anyone is interested I can facilitate. 

Talntedmrgreen

Well, the 4x4 would be awful apparent by the front axle.  Im not sure if they use the 4x4 selector location for any other function on the 2wd units or not.  I thought the 4x4 TuffTorq K92 also had 540 rear pto standard.  Maybe theres a variety that didnt. 

B112_son

This is the unit. They do not have pics from the rear but I looked behind it and definitely no rear pto. 

http://hopfoutdoor.com/inventory/59d5222eb7b89d63f53821a2/

It is not a simplicity dealer so info is limited. Personally I think it’s a little high without the options. I’m half interested in the 60” deck as I have a 54” now and mow 1.5 acres. But everything I’ve read is the 54” cuts better. Just looking for anything to cut down on mowing time. 

720nut
1 hour ago, B112_son said:

This is the unit. They do not have pics from the rear but I looked behind it and definitely no rear pto. 

http://hopfoutdoor.com/inventory/59d5222eb7b89d63f53821a2/

It is not a simplicity dealer so info is limited. Personally I think it’s a little high without the options. I’m half interested in the 60” deck as I have a 54” now and mow 1.5 acres. But everything I’ve read is the 54” cuts better. Just looking for anything to cut down on mowing time. 

Buy a zero turn 666

B-16_IC
1 hour ago, 720nut said:

Buy a zero turn 666

Show me one that mows better than a string trimmer! I haven't seen one yet. A job worth doing is worth doing right, a job not done right is not done. C|:

720nut
10 hours ago, B-16_IC said:

Show me one that mows better than a string trimmer! I haven't seen one yet. A job worth doing is worth doing right, a job not done right is not done. C|:

I have 38hp Exmark Lazer Z's, 61 in. decks and am extremely happy with their performance

B-16_IC

Every mowing job I've seen done with a zero turn looks like the blades needed sharpening six months ago and the belt is slipping. Not to mention the tires tearing up the turf like it's Tokyo Drift two, and oh the scalping. 

Maybe I have only seen mowing by people in a blown up hurry, but isn't that the point of those things? My boss mows with a Scag, I have literally scrapped machines that mowed better. 

Sorry if I offended, but we are here to celebrate the best mowing machines this side of a reel. dOd I am horribly biased, I'll admit it. :x

• Like 2

720nut
On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 9:44 PM, B-16_IC said:

Every mowing job I've seen done with a zero turn looks like the blades needed sharpening six months ago and the belt is slipping. Not to mention the tires tearing up the turf like it's Tokyo Drift two, and oh the scalping. 

Maybe I have only seen mowing by people in a blown up hurry, but isn't that the point of those things? My boss mows with a Scag, I have literally scrapped machines that mowed better. 

Sorry if I offended, but we are here to celebrate the best mowing machines this side of a reel. dOd I am horribly biased, I'll admit it. :x

Don't judge all by what you've seen a few do, and occassionaly no matter how hard you try you leave donuts as they say.

Yes most do not sharpen blades very often, remember you asked.