Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

1965 - Photo Inside Port Washington Assembly

Talntedmrgreen

I enjoy collecting original literature...began with wanting manuals for the machines or implements I had, then turned into brochures, price lists and then dealer and marketing jnfo, binders etc.  Now I have been able to get my hands on a few photos, the most recent of which is my favorite.  I believe these were taken probably for the local paper as there is a cutout paper caption placed on the reverse of the photo.  The date was Nov 23, 1965 and in the photo you can clearly see Landlords in final assembly and being crated.  Behind them, Walk behind tractors and waaaay out back there is a Broadmoor peeking. Off to the left is a Wonderboy and if you are able to zoom in there can be seen drums of lift handles, racks of Briggs engines and stacks of tires.  Pretty neat. 

The news caption also calls out the recent sale to Allis Chalmers. It would have been pretty nifty to see a Big Ten in line behind the Landlord...

9BBBEADA-44F9-4119-8904-24E7C90D2B4E.jpeg

998E8999-499A-475F-8A5D-8B23915EB035.jpeg

BC4F03A8-C237-4B49-AC6F-1F3D94ED2347.jpeg

7BCA0902-03AC-409D-83A6-2C8923F98B9E.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Just showed my Dad...he was there a couple years after those pictures was taken. Spent a week there as a trainee and those pictures really took him down memory lane. Thanks again!

• Like 5

Doesn't look like that bad of a place to work. They even had a wooden floor! Although it may have been a fire trap with all that pasteboard and wood strewn around.

Edited by spi
to continue the thought

• 1 year later...