Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Beautiful Fall Day!

macallis180

Thanks, Guys.  Yep, that little B-207 started it all!  One family had it since brand new.  Uncle sold Pontiac cars and AC lawn and garden. His  dealer sticker still on the side of the hood.  Uncle sold new tractor to his brother, then when brother was quite a bit older, gave it to his son -who I bought it from.  Son is probably 40 or so years old, and has younger kids, and didn't want them using something that wasn't "safe", and would stop when it got hot.  (needed coil replaced)

It is all original.  Son said he wished he wouldn't have used the hood as a workbench when he was a kid.  Hood has lots of the paint scraped off, and outline of a quart paint can, or something of that size on it.  Came with the dealer brochure, original owners manual, and plastic bag that probably was tied to the steering wheel.  Had always been garaged.

Will not be restored.  Uses some oil, carb isn't perfect, but cuts grass well.  I only use it once or twice a season, and just wash and put a coat of wax on it.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, macallis180 said:

Thanks, Guys.  Yep, that little B-207 started it all!  One family had it since brand new.  Uncle sold Pontiac cars and AC lawn and garden. His  dealer sticker still on the side of the hood.  Uncle sold new tractor to his brother, then when brother was quite a bit older, gave it to his son -who I bought it from.  Son is probably 40 or so years old, and has younger kids, and didn't want them using something that wasn't "safe", and would stop when it got hot.  (needed coil replaced)

It is all original.  Son said he wished he wouldn't have used the hood as a workbench when he was a kid.  Hood has lots of the paint scraped off, and outline of a quart paint can, or something of that size on it.  Came with the dealer brochure, original owners manual, and plastic bag that probably was tied to the steering wheel.  Had always been garaged.

Will not be restored.  Uses some oil, carb isn't perfect, but cuts grass well.  I only use it once or twice a season, and just wash and put a coat of wax on it.

Sounds awesome!

Nice.  And the weather was incredible.  Almost 80 here in SE Wisconsin.  Steady rain today, but what a day yesterday!  Steady rain..........what to do...............might just have to spend the day in the garage putzing with the latest find......d:)

Nice Merle , almost makes me want to get mine out again.

We were up north this weekend like 76* started to rain as we were leaving last night and we're waiting on rain here