Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Mule drive

Travis

Hi everyone! I made it up to a local tractor show a few days ago and I got to browsing the fleamarket , and to make a long story short I ended up finding a mule drive that's 95% complete for a simplicity tractor for $5.00! sm06The seller was a real good guy but apparently he was cleaning out one of his shops and just wanted the stuff gone so he sold it cheap. Anyway my question is what was the latest models the drive fit and if it would be original to put it on my 3212v Simplicity or 715H Allis-Chalmers?

• Like 1

A picture would be necessary to ID properly. I personally know nothing about mule drives (I barely know what one is) but the collective knowledge here is all-encompassing. Good luck, Dave

$5 is a fraction of the cost for one of the pulleys on the drive, much less the assembly.  But there were multiple types, for varying uses and tractor models, so we would need to see what you have to determine compatibility.  

And welcome aboard!

• Thanks 1

Here is the mule drive that I picked up, what type is it? Also, I have a few picks of the tractors I'd like to maybe add it too. Would it be original 3212v?

0310120633-00.jpg

0310120633-01.jpg

Edited by Travis

I believe that is a 540 PTO, but I could be wrong.  And I don't know enough about them to know if ti's complete. I do know, that for 5 bux you should spend a night in the local klink for theft.  666

Edited by Brettw

that is the tiller mule drive for the fdt tractors they sell on ebay for between $100 and $140 

Edited by s_stephen
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, s_stephen said:

that is the tiller mule drive for the fdt tractors they sell on ebay for between $100 and $140 

10 minutes ago, Bill725 said:

That is tiller drive assembly for the early flat top tillers.

I stand corrected.   However, you should still spend a night in hoosgow for theft.  No question.  The fact that I have been in the same situation has nothing to do with it.......................

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, s_stephen said:

and yes, it will work on the 3212v

That mule drive will work on any of the FDTs and probably the 3300 series, but the engagement lever for the 3212V would use the same engagement lever as the mower deck with a longer rod back to the mule drive, though what is shown will work just fine.

You are short a couple brackets and a pulley, but it is the correct mule drive for all large frames up through the 3200 series.  As mentioned the 3300 might work with this as well.  

The mule works with both round top and flat top, 32” tillers.  

Take a peek at this video to see how they mount and operate: