Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

It done struck again

720nut

My latest ,latest find yesterday Simplicity 4040 w/Danco loader

Does anyone know what the rusty brackets on rear of tractor are for, I'm thinking maybe backhoe ? They hook over rockshaft but are bent.

DSCN1799.JPG

DSCN1802.JPG

DSCN1800.JPG

DSCN1801.JPG

• Like 1

They aren't Brantly backhoe brackets.  

Hope to see one of your thorough refurbs on this one Lloyd!  It's a lot of machine for the $$.  He reached out to me Saturday to talk about what he had found, but it was more work than I would ever have time for.  I know he was willing to take what most of us think is a fair price on a Sovereign for it.

So did I , makes three Simplicity's , Forgot how many Allis's

Right now I'm afraid to count

Rich makes three still need to go get one , I bought this one for the loader not sure what I'll do with tractor.

Once I did a little checking really not to bad , paint and rust make it look worse than really is.

Boy you miss a day you miss a lot with Lloyd's purchases! Haven't been on much past few months, last I remember Lloyd was downsizing and not going to be of the site much. I'm assuming he's moved on to buying simplicity since he bought every AC available?

• Like 1

Ok got engine freed up but can't get starter to kick in , it will spin but Bendix won't engage.

Does nothing with key, PTO switches seem to be working can hear them click when engaged.

This is first time I've had an issue with starting on any I have owned.

Will remove switch tomorrow and see if maybe it is problem, turn key and it will stay on start and not return to run.

32 minutes ago, Alltractoredup said:

Nice find! Some day I hope to have a powermax

Ya need to suppress  that need/want issue, and just go get one 666

I am confronted with that need issue too, but usually want wins out in the end.

With this one I wanted the loader, tractor just came with it.

• Like 1

Well Lloyd, it's easier to load a FEL that's mounted on a tractor. ;) That is collector logic right there. Kinda like why bring home one when it costs no more in gas to bring home a truck load. Convenience and economics,  that's what it's all about. &:)

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• NandoG
    • tripleguy
    • GregB
    • airgunner
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts