Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New (To Me) Arrival....

1961 725

Hi everyone,

Recently acquired what appears to be a 1962 725 - this makes two 725s in the collection so far.

1. Does anyone know how to verify the year of manufacture?
  2. Can anyone suggest a resource to find a period accurate seat (I removed the existing as it was in very bad shape)?

The three blade deck works, but not certain if it is original to this tractor. 

Previous owner (PO) said that the tractor sat in a shed for four years, unused.  Prior to my purchase (thank you Craig's List), PO put in fresh gas,  connected to a fresh battery and pow!  She started right up and ran smooth!

Got the tractor home a week ago, cleaned her up, changed the engine oil, checked the transmission gear oil, changed the starter/generator belt (learned a lot doing this task) and changed the spark plug. 

So much fun, so fulfilling, so rewarding and so relaxing working on these rolling pieces of Americana!

Simply wanted to share; posted some photos below - enjoy!

God bless....and God bless America.

IMG_2332.JPG

IMG_2330.JPG

• Like 2

welcome to the site and that sure is a nice looking tractor. There are will fit seat available at TSC or other lawn mower repair shops. I don't think anyone makes a seat like the original.

Tom

That is a beauty...did you try tractordata to track down the year of manufacture? I looks like it was made between 1961 and 1964...if you get the serial # off the engine Briggs may be able to tell you if you give them a call   if you order a part for it from repairclinic.com you can get someone on the phone and they can tell you the year

Thanks guys - appreciate the kind words and guidance!  

Here is her stable buddy, what I believe is a 1961 725 - but then again, I now know where/how to hopefully, verify!

IMG_1644.jpg

• Like 1

Going by the short steering column and the "bushing" type front wheels, it looks like an early model. I would lean toward it being a '61. You have two great looking tractors with wonderful patina!!!! Thanks for sharing them. 

• 2 years later...

Hi everyone,

Recently acquired a 7119 (locally for a change) that I believe is from 1984, making three Simplicity machines in the stable, joining two 725s!

After a full cleaning, greasing, oil, air filter and spark plug change (x2), we fully plan to put her to work cutting a full two acres.

Would appreciate guidance and points of view on the maintenance and longevity of its 19 horse power Kohler twin!

God bless and God Bless America

IMG_2050.JPG

Both are early 725's and likely late '61 or early '62.  What are the serial #'s on the Briggs engines?