Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Chris727

Fall cleanup

Chris727

Took the afternoon off to do a little leaf cleanup at Grandma's house. Its maybe 3/4 of an acre. I have a 738 on site.  I used to do it with a push mower. There were a fair number of leaves down but I'll still have to go over it again when the rest come down. IMG_8401.thumb.jpg.f9a6b4a8cd7999c2ca191100c7ae8b5b.jpg

Rudy was along with me and did a little supervising.

IMG_8406.thumb.jpg.34c51c652e5102996ae21f7dcc642197.jpg

Took a leaf blower and blew the leaves out into the open.  It worked great.

IMG_8410.thumb.jpg.b0379e34b3df8cd657eef4b49216e06e.jpg

IMG_8411.thumb.jpg.a2d38dbde7aee038ba35077b9d68c1dc.jpg

Had to double and tripple cut a lot of it to get the leaves blown into rows and chopped up. 

IMG_8415.thumb.jpg.929c53b8dbdaf7516192a2cb846d1dba.jpg

The tractor sure got dusty but its done until the next time.  The seat is about to fall off and the muffler fell off today. I had a new conduit nut on it but it broke  for some reason allowing the muffler to come  loose.  Maybe it was inferior quality hardware?

• Like 2

Brettw

Great tractors.  One of the best cuts ever, and generally bulletproof.  Built like tanks for something of that size.  Other than engines as they simply wear out, and the possible shift fork issue (along with the timeless screwdriver fix) they just don't break.  Looks good Chris, and I'll bet Granny's happy too!

• Like 1

B-16_IC

Looks great! I always enjoy running those Broadmoor class machines. 

As for the conduit nut, probably China made. I have had problems with a couple pieces of pipe in exhaust applications that simply broke. I've since had my BIL who is a plumber get me some domestic stuff, sure looks better. 

• Like 1

Talntedmrgreen

It’s been too wet here to do anything with leaves. My gutters are stuffed full of leaves and they are mush. Once it’s dry enough that I can use the handheld blower to clear the gutters and landscaping, I’ll fire up the Twin 20 and those leaves will be gone in 15minutes 👍

B24ED412-2D7E-4017-92A6-BD595B12F221.jpeg

• Like 3

Chris727

Thanks guys. Yes it handles very well and the pivoting frame is fantastic. The engine is getting tired. It doesn't smoke or leak but it uses a few ounces of oil every time. The trans is getting wore too. I think I have all the parts to rebuild the common wear items in the trans. 

dhoadley
9 hours ago, Talntedmrgreen said:

... I’ll fire up the Twin 20 and those leaves will be gone in 15minutes 👍

B24ED412-2D7E-4017-92A6-BD595B12F221.jpeg

I hope you gave us a few manly grunts while you typed. &:)

Edited by dhoadley

jimmystractor
8 minutes ago, Talntedmrgreen said:

The grunts come when its time to try and mount that monster on the 3 point 🤦‍♂️

Ah, easy enough. Dedicate that tractor or another powermax type to your "leaf blowing" tractor.  

The rule I learned on here: One tractor for each attachment. 

720nut
6 hours ago, jimmystractor said:

Ah, easy enough. Dedicate that tractor or another powermax type to your "leaf blowing" tractor.  

almost works for me but need a couple more tractors ( to many attachments )

Still waiting for someone to locate another of those blowers, I've looked here and up north and all I find is 540 rpm and way to big for my Allis's

Talntedmrgreen
15 hours ago, jimmystractor said:

It's not as easy to do with the Powermax machines.  Kinda like the habit I've had with Legacy's...bigger investments, and bigger footprint in my small shop!  I would like to have a second machine, but have to wait for the right deal.

Talntedmrgreen
6 hours ago, dhoadley said:

I have a perverse desire to watch that thing tumble a squirrel who gets in the way. 666

😲

...now I do to!   

I actually ran one over on my B-1 once.  Never saw it and have no idea how it happened, unless he was ill or already injured.  Snapped him in two and he was still plenty alive enough to get the dog going bananas.  Was a very strange moment. No idea where he came from...

B10Dave

Not to be too critical Josh but if I was running that machine I would be wearing safety glasses. Sight is too precious to take a chance with.

Edited by B10Dave

Talntedmrgreen
4 hours ago, B10Dave said:

Not to be too critical Josh but if I was running that machine I would be wearing safety glasses. Sight is too precious to take a chance with.

I would go bananas. Im not really seeing where anything could be projected toward the tractor or operator. The blower outlet is 3 feet behind and below the operator, blowing away 🤔

acken

Wind must be wiggling the camera, makes it appear like the ground is shaking as you raise rpm.  I am still waiting for your neighbor to get one and blow the leaves back to your yard.

• Like 1

Simplicity7013H

Looking good Chris!! I miss my little 717 Broadmoor. Might have to see about getting another one of those someday.  So far in our area, the leaves haven't even dropped yet! But the 7117 is on stand by with the turbo vac so I'm getting anxious for them to drop so I can test it out!! 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• jons
    • SmilinSam
    • BLT
    • RayS
    • GregB
  • Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Recent Status Updates

• Paul M.Murphy

Paul M.Murphy

Hello glad I got on this site. I hope to upload a couple of photos of my Simplicity Broadmoor 
      Model 707 Tractor. I have replaced all the belts on it and installed a new ignition switch.
      Have a mower deck which was in poor shape , repaced a couple of bushings and welded the
      deck where there was some holes. The tractor and mower deck came from a friend and the 
      mower deck metal was getting pretty thin. Some new metal was put in it and we also undercoated the underside of the deck. This was done by my friend Greg Toulman.
      I have not put the mower deck on the tractor yet, waiting for Greg to come home and give me a hand. Can you please tell me if there is a manual for the mower deck and where I could get one.
      I would also like to get some moon wheel discs as well.
      I will try and down load some photos of the tractor when my wife shows me how to. 
      I really love driving this tractor and also how well it is made compare today's tractors, especially the flexible rear end and the rollers.
      Tell the next time 
      Paul

· 0 replies
    • jbrooks

jbrooks  »  Talntedmrgreen

Josh

folowing  this from a link at the downloads.  I just rescued an AC 920 with the lambodini diesel. I can' t download  yet .  Where did you find the PDF copy you posted. . I would like to figure out how to adjust the injection pump. 
      I assume it's a bosche, correct
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts