Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Finally got it home

720nut

After a 715 mile road trip yesterday I finally got third loader home

Legacy loader and remains of a Sunstar, steering to be used in a Kubota steering project for a friend

DSCN1826.JPG

Edited by 720nut
  • Like 1

The man the mythe and legand Shaun Eberdt finally after 3 years got to meet briefly

some of his play toys

Only there for a few hours but seemed like a life time , very nice folks can't wait for a return trip hopefully with better weather so we can stay and visit longer

Rain fog, impeding storm we decided best to head for home.

DSCN1824.JPG

DSCN1823.JPG

DSCN1825.JPG

Edited by 720nut

Just a note: 

anyone wanting to go thru Chicago to either Michigan or Wisconsin with a trailer

9 tolls @ $39.70

I've always took 80 to 39 north and only paid one toll $4,55, return we decided to take 90 to 355 south, after figuring up tolls and time spent starting and stopping believe it just as fast and not to mention the traffic

Edited by 720nut

1 hour ago, macallis180 said:

Lloyd - now you must have more loaders than tractors!  LOL!

No still more tractors, someday I'll count and see where we set as far as tractors

A couple are only short term, if you can believe that

1 hour ago, ShaunE said:

Come back any time!

You bet ya, next time we'll stay longer, maybe you'll be able to come this way, I'll show ya my mess.

I want to thank you and wife for everything you've done for me really appreciate all. dOd

I regret that we didn't get a group photo but a reason to returnsm01

Soon as I get things unloaded I'll get you those pictures.

Edited by 720nut

8 hours ago, macallis180 said:

ShaunE = 76 Corvette in background?  Looks a little nicer than my white 77.

Merle it is nice dOd

10 hours ago, macallis180 said:

ShaunE = 76 Corvette in background?  Looks a little nicer than my white 77.

'74.  

49,000 original miles.  Needs a rear bumper cover as the old one is degrading to the point where its like peanut brittle.  Just a simple L-48 but it's a four speed car.

Sold a '56 WD-45 & a '53-1/2 Super M to buy that car.  Family likes this better.

Edited by ShaunE

Shaun:  98,000 on mine. Had it 36 yrs. Was our 2nd vehicle for many years til kids couldn't fit behind seats!

11 hours ago, macallis180 said:

Shaun:  98,000 on mine. Had it 36 yrs. Was our 2nd vehicle for many years til kids couldn't fit behind seats!

Nice!

They are fun & I don't care what negative things people say about corvettes.  Bottom line is everyone turns their heads when you drive by in one. I especially like the C3 style because I love the curves!

11 hours ago, fishnwiz said:

I need more toys.wah

You've got an awful nice truck Mark! 

9 hours ago, 720nut said:

Man don't tell me I got to buy a Vette to keep up with the Jones's 666sm00

No way.  You could always buy a Che-Vette instead of a Cor-Vettefm

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShaunE said:

No way.  You could always buy a Che-Vette instead of a Cor-Vettefm

He-He, would like to have another Chevelle though, think I keep with the tractors, like Josh I can afford them

• Like 1

THANKS

13 hours ago, ShaunE said:

Nice!

They are fun & I don't care what negative things people say about corvettes.  Bottom line is everyone turns their heads when you drive by in one. I especially like the C3 style because I love the curves!

You've got an awful nice truck Mark! 

THANKS SHAUN

I am 6'4" and 250...I want a Vette but there is NO WAY for me to look good getting in and out of these cars. I need to fall onto the ground and then stand up.  Instead of impressing the ladies all I do is make them laugh! :S

Haven't received any calls on Legacy so think I'll just change loaders and keep.

The loader that's on tractor now will be for sale

10 hours ago, fishnwiz said:

THANKS

THANKS SHAUN

I am 6'4" and 250...I want a Vette but there is NO WAY for me to look good getting in and out of these cars. I need to fall onto the ground and then stand up.  Instead of impressing the ladies all I do is make them laugh! :S

The removable hardtop or t-tops are great for taller folks. dOd

• Haha 2

On 11/9/2017 at 9:21 AM, fishnwiz said:

THANKS

THANKS SHAUN

I get it! My son is 6'4" & wears a size 15 shoe!.  He crams himself in that car & has barely enough room to use the clutch, brake & gas with those feet!

You hit the nail on the head about falling on the ground to get in them.  

Try that loader yet Lloyd?  Interested in hearing your thoughts after you compare.  

You are a lucky guy to have had the chance to meet shaun.  I'm not sure how you ever got out of there though...our 'hey, got a minute?' phone calls last an hour+!  4i

• Haha 1

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:16 PM, Talntedmrgreen said:

Try that loader yet Lloyd?  Interested in hearing your thoughts after you compare.  

You are a lucky guy to have had the chance to meet shaun.  I'm not sure how you ever got out of there though...our 'hey, got a minute?' phone calls last an hour+!  4i

Going to swap them this weekend. Will try and have info, 

Shaun bought the loader for me, was just out that way not to long ago to Smilin Sams

will be making another trip back out but after the winter is gone, unless there's a buy I can't pass up.

We have those conversations and love everyone, most times I'm the one not wanting to hang up.

Edited by 720nut

Didn't get loaders swapped yet but took stock weight box and reworked it to fit 3 point.

Made it so that if someone wants to mount as it was stock they still can.

DSCN1841.JPG

DSCN1840.JPG