Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Weed and Brush Cutter MFG #448

mowerman1193

I was looking on the back of my 717 Broadmoor manual.It has a list of Attachments and Accessories for it.I seen most of the stuff on there but the Mulcher kit(previous post)and this Weed and Brush Cutter.I have looked and keep looking for new stuff in the contents section of the site,but I don't belive I have seen or heard mention of this.Any one have or use one?Or any photos of what it is?Dont need one,just was wondering what it looked like ect.Say on the manual that its 40" Thanks, mowerman1193

dutch,Thanks guess I don't know what I was thinking but I did see that before.Guess I was thinking of a belly mounted type mower. Thanks again, mowerman1193

Where did you get the picture of the brushcutter on a Broadmoor? I was told by people at Simplicity(I know the service guys) that only one was ever made, and then destroyed by Simplicity at the same time they quit them for the big tractors - too much liability even for the 1960's. But believe me , I would pay some good money if someone ever came up with one for my 717.