Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Today's Buy: What do I have?

Hick

I know it's a cultivator, but no idea what brand. No markings or tags on it. Color would indicate Allis or Simplicity.
The width of the hitch is correct for the width of the mounts on the D-A 1920 / Sunstar.
The lift rod (folded over backwards) would point to a manual lift on the right side of the tractor.
Got it for $14.

2017-11-11 Cultivator 1.jpg

2017-11-11 Cultivator 2.jpg

Edited by Hick
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Its a Brinly cultivator and Case sleeve hitch.  Those hitches can actually be tough to find and the lift rod is a big bonus.  I had an identical sleeve hitch on a Case 130 that was white and still had Brinly decals on the hitch.  Pics of a Brinly cultivator I recently sold  

256956DA-D1B6-4D67-A1E5-95991D659835.jpeg

1EC6B8C5-5CB2-4614-8AB1-41515FD24FA3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I noticed the adjustment bar on yours is in front of the back shank and the shanks are positioned different. Looks like a more uniform setting than mine. 
Thanks for the photos!

These units have a wide range of adjustment. I spread mine out wide and removed all but two shanks and the gauge wheels and use it to make furrows for planting. 

• Like 1

I should note, it was not my idea to use it as a row maker, I should give credit that I learned about that here on Simple Tractors maybe 10-12 years ago. I think Brent Baumer was the member who posted it. That might even be in the Brinly manual. 

• Thanks 1