Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
mcd

Help with makeshift leaf collector

mcd

I've been searching online for one of these for a while with no luck. I'm curious if anybody has made their own makeshift version using a trailer/trashcan and ductwork. I have a small pull behind trailer but I'm trying to get some ideas on how to connect to the mower deck. I have a 7117. Thanks!

700_atch2_lg.jpg

Gary

Peco made an attached verison of the leaf collector, for the 700, 900, 7000, 7100 series tractors (like yours).  I have one and really like it.  They originally came with a large collection bag, but I converted mine to blow into a mounted trash can.

Two units were available.  One, like mine, runs of the tractor PTO.  The other was powered by a small briggs engine, and I believe was built to blow into a trash can instead of a collection bag.

Others will surely respond if I'm giving you bum info.  LOL

PhanDad
20 minutes ago, Gary said:

Peco made an attached verison of the leaf collector, for the 700, 900, 7000, 7100 series tractors (like yours).  I have one and really like it.  They originally came with a large collection bag, but I converted mine to blow into a mounted trash can.

I also have one of the Peco units.  Please start a thread about your conversion from bag to trash can.  Thanks.

mcd
2 hours ago, Gary said:

Two units were available.  One, like mine, runs of the tractor PTO.  The other was powered by a small briggs engine, and I believe was built to blow into a trash can instead of a collection bag.

Others will surely respond if I'm giving you bum info.  LOL

1 hour ago, PhanDad said:

I also have one of the Peco units.  Please start a thread about your conversion from bag to trash can.  Thanks.

Thanks for the replies! How much did the Peco system run you? Do you have a model# or link by chance?

PhanDad
41 minutes ago, mcd said:

Thanks for the replies! How much did the Peco system run you? Do you have a model# or link by chance?

Link to catalog page in Research Section:

https://simpletractors.com/research/simplicity/new-in-1978/78_10_12_14_hp/

bagger.jpg

I got mine as part of a package deal with a 1978 7016H.  The unit is Simplicity mfg# 1690402.

macallis180

I bought a Simplicty vac unit to put on my HB-112.  Previous owner had it on a 48" simplicty deck similar to the ones shown here.  He bought it without the deck boot, and just bought an end register with 6" ductwork, and opened the register end up and bolted this on the deck.  I had to have a sheet metal one made for my older 48" AC deck.  I drew out and mocked up a boot out of cardboard, and had it made. $55.00 out of 24 gauge metal.  Using furnace duct and 6" irrigation pipe, and a couple more of  furnace duct parts and blow it into a trailer made up of 1/4" OSB and just used hook and eye to fasten all sides and top together.

mcd
26 minutes ago, macallis180 said:

I bought a Simplicty vac unit to put on my HB-112.  Previous owner had it on a 48" simplicty deck similar to the ones shown here.  He bought it without the deck boot, and just bought an end register with 6" ductwork, and opened the register end up and bolted this on the deck.  I had to have a sheet metal one made for my older 48" AC deck.  I drew out and mocked up a boot out of cardboard, and had it made. $55.00 out of 24 gauge metal.  Using furnace duct and 6" irrigation pipe, and a couple more of  furnace duct parts and blow it into a trailer made up of 1/4" OSB and just used hook and eye to fasten all sides and top together.

Do you have any pictures by chance?

Gary

For the conversion to a trash can on mine, I measured the diameter of the metal frame that the top attaches to, and purchased a garbage can with a similar top dimension.  That way, the existing top will tie onto the garbage can.  I cut a sufficient amount (about 6" for my application) off of the upright support, so that the metal frame for the top sits closer to the trash can.

I sit the trash can into the unit tray, and attach the top to the trash can, using the metal frame to help support the trash can.

I'll try to post a picture to be more clear, as this is getting pretty wordy.  LOL

maxwood

Hello, Here is some photos of mine  It works really good  great for leaves and grass  The rear wheels are casters  and a lot easier to back up . John deere still sells something like this $$$

Thanks Ken in Mi

wide body cart turbo blower 56 009.JPG

wide body cart turbo blower 56 010.JPG

wide body cart turbo blower 56 013.JPG

wide body cart turbo blower 56 014.JPG

mcd
3 hours ago, Gary said:

For the conversion to a trash can on mine, I measured the diameter of the metal frame that the top attaches to, and purchased a garbage can with a similar top dimension.  That way, the existing top will tie onto the garbage can.  I cut a sufficient amount (about 6" for my application) off of the upright support, so that the metal frame for the top sits closer to the trash can.

I sit the trash can into the unit tray, and attach the top to the trash can, using the metal frame to help support the trash can.

I'll try to post a picture to be more clear, as this is getting pretty wordy.  LOL

I'd love to see some pictures!

I bought this Trac Vac for $225.00 (used) about 10 years ago and have it mounted on the rear of an AC 716H.

Runs the vacuum with a mounted 5 HP Briggs engine.

Works well with grass or leaves.

Trac Vac.JPG