Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

SunStar with Blown Kohler

SteveP

I've have I line on a SunStar with a Kohler 18hp Magnum thats trash. One jug broke off when the rod froze. Crank is trash (don't know if it's turnable). Buying a new engine is just out of the question. And buying all the parts and mill work sounds just as bad (might as well buy an new engine with warranty). So all you guys what are the options. Does anyone out there have an engine reasonable? Thanks Steve

Hi, We have a kit to do these units. The Magnum engines to fit these tractors are not available now due to environmental regulations. Short blocks and parts are still available. If there any engines out there they are in the pipline and when they are sold that is it. We make a kit to repower these tractors with the Command. It includes EVERYTHING to do the installation, including engine, frame adapter plate, driveshaft, wiring changeover, electric clutch, pto change parts, belts, muffler, hardware, plumbing, heatshields, ductwork, etc.complete instructions, written for consumer installation. We have had an independent party Beta test our draft procedures on 2 tractors and we have the procedures done. I have to get the rest of the drawings finalized. I intend to work on them when I get home from the hospital next week, and can't go to the shop. If anyone is interested, visit our web site. repowereng.com Good luck, Al Eden