Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity Tiller Pulleys

Simplicity725

Hi all,

So I just picked up a 1963 Simplicity 725 with a couple attachments....one of which is a rototiller. The rototiller drive pulley as well as the large pulley on the rear pto are badly bent (the previous owner said a tree fell on it.....) Do y'all have any tips or tricks for getting these off?? I know the simplest way is a claw-puller, but if it can be helped I don't want to go out and buy a tool that I'll only use once.

Thanks in advance,

Zach

Edited by Simplicity725
typographical error

This is where Harbor Freight comes in handy.  Price is low enough and if you are going to mess around with this old equipment long enough you'll need it again for sure.

• Thanks 1

I have a smaller and a larger 3 arm puller that I've had for decades. I don't remember why I bought them, I don't use them often, but when I need them they are indispensable.

• Thanks 1

Rent pullers from auto parts store.  You pay full price for tool up front, then full refund when returned undamaged. Otherwise, buy one. Harbor freight sells a set of three different sizes. I use them often on tractors and vehicle repairs