Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

the Murphys

dav-1

went to the Flywheeler show 2 weeks ago. took the B-1 to play on and the Landlord as a display. 2 hours after unloading, the B-1 died. made some wierd noise and just died. no spark. found a chap who had B&S parts for sale and he actually had a new condensor for the model 19!. didn't cure the problem.

okay, i'll just use the Landlord. first i had to change a front wheel from one to the other, then swap the glass bowl type fuel filters, cause the one on the Landlord leaked. and had to swap drive pulleys cause the hi-lo on the landlord is stuck in low range. after an hour or so of riding i smelled gas. damn. of all my tractors, i had the ONLY one which i haven't used the gas tank paint in the tank; the vibration from riding had shaken loose the rust inside so the tank now leaks. had to ride the show with a half gallon of gas in the basket on the sulky. swmbo was not too happy about that. i said, " just think how i feel with a leaky tank between my thighs"-she didn't mention it again!

found 2 motors for sale, one with the square point cover that the model 19 has and one 243431 variant. bought both. got home and fiddled with the 19. new condensor, file the points and gas and it fired up!!!FIRST PULL. yanked the motor off the B-1, set it on the bench beside it's replacement- not the same; new motor is 2 inches taller. damn again. have a model 19 that i rebuilt several years ago but never got running. it now sits on the bench beside the other 2 and will go in the tractor while the women are cooking thursday.

oh, Murphy brought his sister along with us-Serendipity. saw a polaroid of 2 tractors for sale but not at the show. bought both. picked them up yesterday. one is a Case 444, or part of one. it has a B&S opposed 16 and not much else. cant find model numbers on it yet. the other is a Case 442 with a locked up kohler 12. doesn't matter because it's attached to a Johnson loader.!

much as i want to start in getting the tractor and loader up and running, they go to the bottom of the list. hopefully they will get done next Fall; the convertible pick up project comes first. want to drive that to the class reunion next year. no, i can't do the tractor first and drive that; it's 1700 miles away.

went to the Flywheeler show 2 weeks ago. took the B-1 to play on and the Landlord as a display. 2 hours after unloading, the B-1 died. made some wierd noise and just died. no spark. found a chap who had B&S parts for sale and he actually had a new condensor for the model 19!. didn't cure the problem.

okay, i'll just use the Landlord. first i had to change a front wheel from one to the other, then swap the glass bowl type fuel filters, cause the one on the Landlord leaked. and had to swap drive pulleys cause the hi-lo on the landlord is stuck in low range. after an hour or so of riding i smelled gas. damn. of all my tractors, i had the ONLY one which i haven't used the gas tank paint in the tank; the vibration from riding had shaken loose the rust inside so the tank now leaks. had to ride the show with a half gallon of gas in the basket on the sulky. swmbo was not too happy about that. i said, " just think how i feel with a leaky tank between my thighs"-she didn't mention it again!

found 2 motors for sale, one with the square point cover that the model 19 has and one 243431 variant. bought both. got home and fiddled with the 19. new condensor, file the points and gas and it fired up!!!FIRST PULL. yanked the motor off the B-1, set it on the bench beside it's replacement- not the same; new motor is 2 inches taller. damn again. have a model 19 that i rebuilt several years ago but never got running. it now sits on the bench beside the other 2 and will go in the tractor while the women are cooking thursday.

oh, Murphy brought his sister along with us-Serendipity. saw a polaroid of 2 tractors for sale but not at the show. bought both. picked them up yesterday. one is a Case 444, or part of one. it has a B&S opposed 16 and not much else. cant find model numbers on it yet. the other is a Case 442 with a locked up kohler 12. doesn't matter because it's attached to a Johnson loader.!

much as i want to start in getting the tractor and loader up and running, they go to the bottom of the list. hopefully they will get done next Fall; the convertible pick up project comes first. want to drive that to the class reunion next year. no, i can't do the tractor first and drive that; it's 1700 miles away.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Robert A McNaughton
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts