Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

gwiseman

Kent Thomas Funeral Services 2/10/2018

B-16_IC

What a tragic loss to his family and friends. Kent did so much for our hobby and was always gracious and helpful. The world has lost one of its best. Prayers for his wife and family, RIP sir. 

• Like 1

Chris727

I cannot imagine the suffering Kent and his family had gone through in the last few months. We owe a great debt of gratitude to Kent as this site/club has been beneficial to many. From helping to develop great friendships among its members or just simply helping a person to get their grass mowed on Sunday when no other tech support was available to resolve their problem. And this wouldn't have been without the Kent's efforts in the earlier days of the web, likely spending countless hours on dial-up uploading pics and info to develop SimpleTractors into the vast resource that it is today. 

Edited by Chris727
  • Like 3

MikeES

So sad , Kent created a wonderful community with SimpleTractors, and we are all so thankful.

His life has made such a positive impact  to so many...Thank you Kent!

• Thanks 2

JohnMBerst

Prayers to the family with support and strength.  

I for one sure enjoyed the conversations and information provided on this web site.  Kent's legacy will be the continuation of SimpleTractors by members and visitors for years to come.

Rest in peace.

• Like 1

PhanDad

I'm also so sorry to hear this news.  

So many great club members have passed since I've been a member and Kent was sure at the top of the list.  He will be missed.  But he, as the others, would want us to carry on, so we will.

RIP Kent.

• Like 2

dince

OMG, we have all experienced this tragic story unfold over such a short time.  Thank you, gwiseman, for keeping us posted.

My deepest sympathy to Kent’s family, and to all his friends.  He will be terribly missed.

B10Dave

There are no words good enough to mitigate the pain Kent's family have gone through with Eli and now Kent's passing. Prayers for strength to cope and survive for Kent and Eli's family and friends. Rest in peace friend.

MARK (LI)

Kent, I did not  know you at all....but you will be in my prayers...so will your family for the strength to get through this after your terrible family event in November....they must be desperately sad

Edited by MARK (LI)
additonal thought

johnmonkey

Oh my goodness, I've been out of the loop for a while and just heard about Kent. Now I see his sone passed away as well. Devastating is the only word that comes to mind. So sad. Prayers and thoughts to his family; Peace be with you. 

macallis180

Have been posting on the Facebook side of Simpletractors about the family tragedy that has been happening in the last couple of months. Words don't suffice at times like these.

Will be continuing to keep the Thomas family in prayers.

Kent is now reaping his reward in Heaven.  RIP, Kent.

PGL

Simple Tractors/Kent have been part of me for many years now.  No matter what else was happening in the world, it always seemed to calm things for me if I read some of the posts by people with understandable real problems for which others were happy to give real answers and fellowship.  Kent's vision, caring, perseverance and time donation have made it all possible and I'll miss his presence.

• Like 1

gwiseman

Funeral services will be held for Kent Thomas, SimpletrACtors.com Founder and Site Administrator

Saturday, February 10, 2018 at Atchley Funeral Home in Seymour, TN.

Visitation from 1:00-3:00 pm followed by a service.

The day after losing his son Eli, Kent found out that he had contracted a rare form of cancer. He began  treatments nearly immediately. He continued administration of  SimpletraACtors.com until near the end. 

Obituary

Terry Kent Thomas, age 65 of Sevierville, TN passed away Tuesday January 30, 2018. He was a 27 year Veteran of the USAF, Air National Guard, and Airforce Reserves. He was also the creator of simpletractors.com, which became the home of Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Collector Club. Kent was passionate about the club which is coming up on its 20th anniversary. His work created countless friendships, not only in the U.S., but worldwide. Kent was equally passionate about his VW’s and was an avid collector. His most recent acquisition was his beloved 1986 Doka Syncro firetruck he had shipped from Sweden. He was preceded in death by his son, Elijah C. Thomas; parents, James E. Thomas and Neva E. Myers; sisters, Minnie Kathleen Thomas, Lois Josephine Thomas, Ima Jean Justus, and Alma Jean Matthews; and brothers, Billy Joe Thomas, Benny Ray Thomas, Jimmy Lewis Thomas, Tony Edgar Thomas, and Jackie Thomas; and sister-in-law, Barbara Thomas. Survivors include: wife, Cheryl Webb Thomas Ezell; sons and daughters-in-law, Marcus W. and Sheena Thomas, Gabriel Ramos, and Joshua G. Thomas; daughters and sons-in-law, Samuel and Andrea Krohn, David and Kayla Littrell, and Bryana D.T. Ezell; grandchildren, Tyler Reash, Shelby Krohn, Hunter and Hannah Thomas, Olivia and Kaitlyn Thomas; great-grandchild, Westyn Reash; brothers and sister-in-law, Dr. Roy Dale Thomas, Lowell T. and Helen Thomas; sister and brother-in-law, Neva Kaye Thomas and Beecher Berry; and special friends, Alfred Dale “Tiny” Reagan and Brenda, and William H. “Bill” Martin. In lieu of flowers, please donate to the charity of your choice or your church. Memorial service 3 PM Saturday in Atchley’s Seymour Chapel. The family will receive friends 1-3 PM Saturday at Atchley Funeral Home, Seymour, 122 Peacock Ct., Seymour, TN 37865 (865) 577-2807. Online condolences may be made at (www.atchleyfuneralhome.com)

Edited by gwiseman

fishnwiz

I am ashamed to say I have never been in this portion of this site.

I was SHOCKED and saddened to learn of Kents passing. He will be missed more than he ever knew on this site.

Because of people like Kent this site survives as one of the BEST garden tractor sites.

Kents willingness to take on the HUGE challenge of updating and maintaining this site shows his unselfishness as well as his passion for our beloved hobby and he will be dearly missed by the membership. 

Sometimes it's the people in the shadows that contribute the most and Kent falls in that catagory.

Kents passion will live for eternity on this site...as it should.

May your tractors always start

May your lawn always show stripes

May your blades remain forever sharp.

May your carb never flood.

R.I.P OUR good friend and fellow enthusiast.  0:) GODSPEED to you, Kent.

Edited by fishnwiz
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1