Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
gwiseman

Tragic News - UPDATES

gwiseman

SimpletrACtor Family:

Kent Thomas, SimpletrACtors.com founder lost his son Eli yesterday, November 19, 2017. Losing a member of one's family is tough enough, but losing a child is tragic. Please join me in lifting up Kent, his family and loved ones keeping them in your thoughts and prayers. 

Edited by gwiseman
  • Like 1

macallis180

Oh, such sad news.  Will keep Kent and family in my prayers.  Thanks for letting all of us know.  Prayer has power, I know we have experienced it in tragic times such as Kent and family are facing now.

• Like 1

SmilinSam

Kent,  I am truly sorry to hear this kind of bad news. There are no words to ease such pain, but know that we are all here  in heartfelt thought and  prayer  during the time that it will take to get through this..

• Like 1

Kent

Thanks, everyone. Now complicating things is the fact that I was hospitalized yesterday, and diagnosed with multiple myeloma. I had hurt my back initially In early October, and been treating it with steroids, pain meds and PT.  Beginning late Saturday, I would experience a zap of spinal pain, the both legs collapse, putting me on the ground. After this continued an extended trip to the ER came with the above diagnosis. I began the first of 10 days of radiation and high-risk steroids to be followed by chemo....

So, other than a private military memorial for Eli tomorrow, he is being cremated, an other memorials or celebrations of life will come later....

gwiseman

Update from Kent yesterday, 11/20/2017:

At ER, to address my spinal issues. Originally hurt my back o/a Oct 5th. Have been treating with PT and meds since no herniated discs, only bulging ones. Starting yesterday, my legs started suddenly collapsing, causing falls. The Lord is determined to put me on my knees....

Update: Initial diagnosis is multiple myeloma, which I had never heard of... Seems it is the second most common blood/blood marrow cancer after Non-Hopkins lymphoma. It has weakened my spine and in one location has cracked a vertebra enough to "pooch out" and pinch the spinal cord, which was causing the pain and numbness... They immediately started treatment with intensive steroids and radiation which will continue for 10 days, then transition to chemo-therapy....

When it rains it pours -- Morton Salt!

• Thanks 1

gwiseman
12 minutes ago, Kent said:

Thanks, everyone. Now complicating things is the fact that I was hospitalized yesterday, and diagnosed with multiple myeloma. I had hurt my back initially In early October, and been treating it with steroids, pain meds and PT.  Beginning late Saturday, I would experience a zap of spinal pain, the both legs collapse, putting me on the ground. After this continued an extended trip to the ER came with the above diagnosis. I began the first of 10 days of radiation and high-risk steroids to be followed by chemo....

So, other than a private military memorial for Eli tomorrow, he is being cremated, an other memorials or celebrations of life will come later....

Kent, know that we are lifting you up in prayer and are available to help you and your family in your time of need. 

• Like 1

jimmystractor

Kent, I am terribly sorry for your loss and recent diagnosis. Stay strong buddy. We are all praying for you and your family. 

Edited by jimmystractor
  • Thanks 1

steve-wis

Kent,

My heart is aching for you.  We lost our daughter back in 1999 at the age of 21 to cancer, and I know there is no hurt I have ever felt that was that bad.  Please know  thru the grief and hurt and pain that there is life still to be lived.  We are not, and will never be, the same since, but with prayer, time, and good friends we are okay, and you will be too.

For your health, stay strong and trust that God knows all you feel and experience, and He is with you always!  We'll be praying for you!

Steve 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

bnolte

Kent, I am so sorry for the loss of your son, a coworker and one of my best friends lost his 23 year old son in a motorcycle accident a couple years ago, and still hasn't gotten over it,  but with time the grief will ease.  I will lift you and your family up in prayer as you take on the big C. Good luck and stay strong my friend. 

• Thanks 1

macallis180

I believe it is important that this item stay on top.  Kent and family need all the prayers they can get, and this way we can reach someone that may not have had a chance to log in for a few days.

• Thanks 2

B10Dave

Sorry for your loss Kent. I know exactly what you are going through at the present time. We lost my oldest boy 13 years ago at the age of 33. Parents are supposed to pass before their children and when it happens the other way around it sucks big time. Hope the Docs can reverse the cancer and you regain your health....Dave

• Like 1

s_stephen

im sorry for your loss and health decline. I cant begin to imagine what you are going threw. I hope you get threw everything that is going on. 

• Like 1

MARK (LI)

I am fairly new on here and I do not know Kent, but will be praying for him to deal with his loss and the medical treatments he is soon to undergo...and for his family to have the strength to deal with all of this...it is more than one family should endure....I hope you are feeling ok and getting better fast

Edited by MARK (LI)
incorrect spelling
  • Like 2

gwiseman

Update from Kent 11/30/2017:

After two bone marrow biopsies, we still don't have a pinpoint diagnosis on my cancer. The next step in the diagnostic process is a PET scan that they are starting the process to get approved and scheduled since they are typically only approved as outpatient tests. Waiting on that approval and since the radiation treatments are not done on weekends, I should be discharged tomorrow. I will will go home with in-home PT and OT and the necessary medical equipment, and we will finish the radiation treatments and PET scan as outpatient. Once the cancer is isolated, we can start discussing chemotherapy.