Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Fall leaf roundup

gwiseman

We’re surrounded by acres of trees so fall leaves are the gift that keeps giving. Saturday November 18 rain and wind brought the bulk of the leaves down. 

Worked 4 hrs on Sunday November 19

C3411D50-035B-460A-B970-812A98227381.thumb.jpeg.dfb9e4547df167412fbbacaf9539a41c.jpeg

then another 3hrs after work Monday night

0524FD88-C3BA-4DC0-A7A5-2F70FB4A2E33.thumb.jpeg.12e805b93ff2de6fe426030ab5d97419.jpeg

then o blew off the shop floor area by Conquest (candle) light. Getting ready for the concrete pour on Tuesday. I gotta get LEDs!

CCE82B23-D148-4B2A-A830-A7AF002316B4.thumb.jpeg.bb2f576fa956269dd16ba2d9c60589d7.jpeg

• Like 2

Gene looks like it gonna be a nice shop

We've done several cleanups just like yours sure a lot of leave but cost of living around trees

• Like 1

Hello, I have the leaves picked up,  the city comes and takes them away , I still end up with a large compost pile . I have been having a huge number of hickory nuts  this year. I set the leaf sweeper to it lowest position and sweep them up , but the next day more have fallen . The leaves are off the trees and there are still hundreds of hickory nuts on the branches !!!

Your Shop Progress is looking good !!!   Glad to see the plastic under the slab that keeps Radon from entering the building.

Thanks Ken in Mi

Edited by maxwood
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, maxwood said:

Hello, I have the leaves picked up,  the city comes and takes them away , I still end up with a large compost pile . I have been having a huge number of hickory nuts  this year. I set the leaf sweeper to it lowest position and sweep them up , but the next day more have fallen . The leaves are off the trees and there are still hundreds of hickory nuts on the branches !!!

Your Shop Progress is looking good !!!

Thanks Ken in Mi

Ken might be interested in nuts, another reason to visit, not that I need one sm01

44 minutes ago, wwbragg said:

I was going to rake the leaves but I waited too long.  The wind blew them into the neighbor's yard - - - darn it.

I hate when that happens. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gwiseman said:

Made a great place for the grandkids to play over Thanksgiving visit!IMG_1105.thumb.JPG.06ac7e7df5bf4d60d487908868f7d9b4.JPG

Surely they got you buried in there somewhere ? 666

Nice pic of the little ones Gene.  I would have expected the leaves to be ground up more than what I see in pic.  I use a Trac Vac trailer with the AC/Simp blower driven off of 920 Diesel to do the majority of mine.  With the above average weather we have been seeing, I put a battery back in one of them (Peco style) and sucked up another 4 loads on Sunday.

1 hour ago, acken said:

Nice pic of the little ones Gene.  I would have expected the leaves to be ground up more than what I see in pic.  I use a Trac Vac trailer with the AC/Simp blower driven off of 920 Diesel to do the majority of mine.  With the above average weather we have been seeing, I put a battery back in one of them (Peco style) and sucked up another 4 loads on Sunday.

My Conquest w/44" deck, Simplicity gaters and power blower grind somewhat but not as good as the Peco or other mow & vac trailer systems. I dump a lot!