Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Attaching Gas Tank Straps - Landlord 2012

laytonlight

Looking for any help anyone can offer on attaching the gas tank straps on  LL 2012 with hydro lift. I took it off to do some repairs and I knew getting it back on would be tough, but it seems nigh on impossible. Any tricks or has anyone come up with an alternative to the metal straps? Thanks in advance!

They're not always easy but I have always reused the metal straps. You might have an easier time if  you get a little bit longer bolts. Sometimes the straps might have become bent a little making them more difficult to get the ends to meet up.  

I just installed a similar tank on my 7119.  Is it the plastic tank with metal straps under and rubber straps on top??  Place the short side of the metal strap on the left (left as you sit in the seat) side of the tank.  Hook the rubber strap on the short end and hold the long end in place with you hand.  Pull the rubber strap with a pair of channel-locks and hook it over the long end.  Easy-Peasy.

Edited by wwbragg
expand

That makes a couple of times I have found errors in the parts list.  OK - - - longer bolts - - - either that or a new piece of plumbers tape.

shopping.jpg

Edited by wwbragg

Thanks for all of the help and suggestions. (I wish I had a site like this for all of the other questions I have in life!) I figured out what the problem was. I'm a dummy! I was trying to attach the straps in the wrong position. On the Mutt, the cobbled together Landlord that I started with, the straps were fastened together underneath. So, for some reason I couldn't remember that they were on the corner of the tank near the battery on this one (the 2012) and was thinking that they fastened underneath like the Mutt. Until I started looking at pictures of the disassembly I did on the 2010 I have that is still partially disassembled (Because I had to salvage the transmission for the Mutt at one point.) I'm trying to get the 2012 up and running and outfitted for winter.  For anyone interested, here's how the tank straps are fastened on the 2010 and 2012. Thanks again.

gas tank straps.jpg

• Like 3