Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

No snow yet:(

steve-wis

Hello everyone!

Haven't been on here much the last couple of months, been having a few health issues that are now under control.  Anyway, since moving to Iowa it seems all I can do is read about others playing in the snow for the most part.  This year so far is no different, still green grass in the back yard, but being an optimistic kind of guy, I am ready just in case.  Here are a few pics of the duo that will do the work this year:  my old reliable T816 and the "take it for free or I will throw it away" Agco Allis 918H.  Just got new chains for the Agco and got them on this morning, so everything is mounted, greased, and ready to go.  I welded 1/4 inch steel to the skids on both blowers also, and shot a new coat of paint in the throat and chute of each,  Looking forward to using that hydro for blowing, will be the first time for me.  The Agco is my first hydro and also my first Kohler.  Took some work, but it is ready to go.  COME ON SNOW!!!!! 

IMG_0159.JPG

IMG_0160.JPG

IMG_0165.JPG

IMG_0169.JPG

IMG_0170.JPG

IMG_0171.JPG

IMG_0172.JPG

• Like 1

Steve they look good , never hurts to be ready.

I had to break down today and get a set of chains for my Legacy, get the loader bucket full of wood and was having trouble moving, chains made big difference, little pricey at $103 and change 26-12-12

These 23X10.5-12 peerless chains were $53.75 and free shipping on Ebay, not a bad price.  I did notice that they seem a bit lighter than the older ones on the other tractor, which were also Peerless.  And yes, they make all the difference in the world.  On the T816 I have cast iron wheel weights also.  The Agco has no weights yet, but the tires are fluid filled and I am hoping this will be enough for the winter.

Here's what I got could have got them cheaper but there local.

At least there not yellow and green

I also looked at them on Ebay but was afraid they would end up sending me the wrong size, wouldn't be the first time.

Only thing bothers me is in lower right corner .

DSCN1918.JPG

DSCN1919.JPG

Nice looking pair! I personally am just fine with a lack of snow, but I would be in the minority here, and in my house. sm02

• Like 1

Good looking crew there Steve!  Hope you get to stretch the legs on that ol Command 👍

We had some decent snow last week.  This is in store for tomorrow:

C1C62D47-FCEE-431F-BBA6-29ABF0F45CAB.jpeg

Keep the snow north won't bother me at all. We have gotten a couple of dustings, the grass still shows threw thats enough for a white christmas.

Tom