Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Ebay Score - Again!

Hick

Okay, not so cheap, but worth it.
Back story: When I hauled my Deutz-Allis 1920 home after saving it out of some trees, the upper side panels were missing.

5a332709596b0_04-25-15Both.thumb.JPG.a03234b31d7eff2c4f3dd51befcff065.JPG

Shortly after, I found a pair of Simplicity Sunstar panels for a good price. But kinda looked funny:

5a3321f0146ba_10-03-15Both.jpg.da640bb368018f5024fe1a7d94cd57c4.jpg

This week I found these on ebay:

5a3324fe2abf8_Panel-Left.jpg.946c16a644c00075a8390e9e38f0f185.jpg5a3324ff1b757_Panel-Right.jpg.80ba5165c36dc2a376265395e3a691e8.jpg
I contacted the seller about combined shipping on the two panels. Price of the panels were $24.99 each, and he had shown shipping at $25.95 each.  His price for combined shipping was $24.  He told me to go ahead and buy  them, and he would adjust the invoice to show the lower shipping. 

Well, that didn't work out. Ebay wanted to charge me full shipping on both, so I clicked on "pay on pickup" and "committed to buy". It showed that I bought them. 
Then I got a message from him saying he could not change the invoice, for me to pay full price and he would refund the difference. 
Hmmmmm . . . . 

Looked at his feedback: 7929, 99.8% positive. Should be safe. Was in the process of answering his message when the phone rang. It was him! The "pay on pickup" allows him to mark it paid at any time. That also allowed him to simply send me a PayPal request for the right amount. So I sent him the money, he shipped them out today.

Oh, and we had a nice long chat about buying & selling on ebay. I'd definitely recommend him as a seller. assecr is his ebay handle.

So now I'll have a good pair of Sunstar panels for sale.

Edited by Hick
Added Picture
  • Like 3

That's going to improve it's looks a lot! Well worth it for the condition I'd say, not nearly as many green ones out there. And an honest seller? Priceless! 

• Like 2

Got the parts last night. Opened them up just enough to verify the condition before leaving feedback.
Look great! Will post pix later this weekend.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts