Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

PhanDad

Sovereign Hitch for 2 Stg Snow Blower?

PhanDad

Anyone know if Simplicity made a Sovereign hitch for this 2 stage snowblower:00000_jZy2IBuIHgB_1200x900.jpg

It's a mfg#1694238 blower.

Based on this pic, it looks like the tunnel's wider and with the driven pulley to the far left, it looks like it would be a difficult mount:

00707_64aKgR0U6L7_1200x900.jpg

I remember their was a Sovereign hitch for a 2 stage Berco (???), but I think it was custom.   

Talntedmrgreen

I dont believe there was a factory hitch to put this on a sovereign.  Paul and Ken each have Bercos setup for Sovereign but I believe they are using different hitches. 

maxwood

If you have a 7100 snowblower hitch , see if it will fit by the pivot point ???  you may need a different belt ? I use a 148 in belt on my single stage simplicity blower.

Thanks Ken in Mi

PhanDad

Thanks for the replies. 

I do remember hotrodtractor's post about a Berco install, but didn't remember his "hitch trick", he used a standard single pulley hitch bolted to the "Honda" hitch:

berco hitch omn sovy.jpg

Looks like he bolted as far right as possible (for belt alignment probably). 

Not sure if the same principal would work with the one above.  The tunnel looks to be like the newer 46" single stage blowers for Conquest/Prestige; I had one of those once and it wasn't going to be an "easy" install directly to the standard Sovereign single pulley hitch (height & "closeness" issues in addition to width) .  Maybe if the front of the ladder hitch was cutoff and used in conjunction with the single pulley hitch you could make it work.   

The unit is available locally for $500, it looks to be in good shape and I think a decent deal.  Too much work for me.  I'll put the info in the Craigslist forum.

Gene stated:

"Ken aka maxwood has a Berco w/7100 series mount listed 

https://simpletractors.com/classifieds/item/496-berco-44-in-2-stage-snowblower/"

An even better deal, but too far away from me.

Ken, what does the "7100 series mount" look like?  A standard single pulley hitch?  Hooks up the same way as hotrodtractor?  (The hitch shown appears to be a ladder hitch for a vertical shaft engine.)

maxwood

Hello, Yes ,it is the single pulley hitch . The berco has 2 flat arms that slide into a   a flat receiver that pivots on the   single pulley hitch  .

some bushings are required to connect them  together.  The ladder  hitch is a universal  for a vertical shaft engine.

Thanks Ken in MI

maxwood

here are a 2 photos of the berco hitch  the yellow pins are spring loaded to lock the flat arms  to the receiver   the silvery tube is the pivot point

Thanks Ken in Mi

IMG_2250.JPG

IMG_2249.JPG

CTD01

I went about it a little different. I spaced the rbt hitch to fit the factory berco hitch and drilled new holes in berco hitch to get the correct belt tension with the 148" belt or what ever the regular 7100 blower belt length was. I'll try and get pics today. It works well.