Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-210

amccullers

Hello all. I'm new to AC tractors, I have mostly sears. I took this on trade for a fire truck pump I had, and I don't know much about them. The motor is free and it has not ran in about 6 years. Im not sure if I want to keep it and get her going or sell to some one who knows more about them.

20171214_115042.jpg

20171214_115108.jpg

20171214_115141.jpg

20171214_115155.jpg

The B-210 is part of the last series of early Allis tractors. The 200's were made for the 69 & 70 model years. The B-212 would be it's larger HP counterpart, and of the 3 garden tractor models (there was also a hydrostat model), the 210 would be the least desirable of the trio. The one pictured does not appear to have any options or accessories, but is nice and straight. The engine may be a replacement, which can't hurt. Around here, this would be a $100 parts donor or project base.

Welcome Andrew. I have a B 210 that will probably be one of the last to leave my collection. https://simpletractors.com/collections/item/979-gwisemans-allis-chalmers-b-210/

Allis-Chalmers sold several more B 210 than its counterparts because it was less expensive to purchase, the variable speed unit was a familiar unit to farmers operating combines, and it had adequate lugging power to do about any job needed. Note: the variable speed unit is must be adjusted properly or it just doesn't function very good. Not hard to do but the steps in the manual must be followed exactly and it takes a little time.    

Josh aka Talntedmrgreen is correct: straight sheetmetal & all chrome pieces are there. Side tins are easy to find or, there is the parts donor route. 

Edited by gwiseman
  • Like 1

I have had four of these. They are a well-built and capable machine. I'd probably try to get it running if it didn't take much. You just might find you like it. I wouldn't be surprised if the fuel tank is rusted out since it looks like the tractor has sat uncovered for a long time. 

• Like 1

With the chrome air cleaner cover I wonder if it's a later model IC engine under the hood? 

I've regretted letting my 210 go since the moment it left the driveway. sm02