Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity snob

wwbragg

My wife noticed this old toy at an antique store.  I said, "Too bad it is a John Deere."  She said I was becoming a Simplicity snob.  I bought it any way.  Goes well with my other bookshelf treasures.  The last two are of one my son made for me one Father's Day.

20171217_085334.jpg

20171217_085412.jpg

20171217_091649.jpg

20171217_091656.jpg

Edited by wwbragg
expand
  • Like 2

Neat, something to treasure dOd

Guess I must be a snob to , same feelings toward a Deere, even though I have several in my cabinet to

My Dad has a 1951 John Deere MT and I've been darn glad to be able to use it several times. Yes, even the time the solenoid quit up in the woods and I had to walk 3 miles home to get the hand crank.

27 minutes ago, gravey72 said:

the ones your son made

Yeah, he is pretty clever.  The rear wheels are actually circular saw blades.  I covered them with wire sheathing so they wouldn't mar the table top.

Edited by wwbragg
spelling

Agreed very artistic, and sometimes you have to hold your nose and allow a dirty Deere to abide near the cream of the crop. d:)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• PhanDad
    • PGL
    • littlemarv
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts