Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sickle Bar Drive unit

beamer

I have a sickle bar mower #2025012 it had a broken drive group part. The part that has a ball joint on one side and the bushing onthe other. Its the part that moves the bar. Some models for the "B"s have a turnbuckle (adjustable type) and mine is a solid (dog bone) type. I need to know if the bushing side goes on the sickle bar side or the ball joint goes on the sickle bar side. Bill, @ SLI sent me a schematic last week when he sent me the part...but I've lost it. Any help would be apprciated. If this description was confusing I'll post a picture. Thanks Beamer

Beamer, your discription seems less confussing than my book. It shows the pivot rod for the 2nd type but not the first type, w/o cable lift. Mine has the turnbuckle with both ends the same. Maybe a oic would help me reconize the part in the drawing..MPH