Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

If Allis branded a chipper/shredder

Manty

Bought an old MacKissic chipper/shredder for $30 this fall that was in pretty tough shape but looked to have like-new knives and blades.  Since the engine looked to be shot, I planned on making a mount and running it with the tractor, but changed my mind when I got it tore apart.  Some panels were very rusted as it appeared the unit was left outside for decades...  I removed all the rusted pieces and welded new ones and put a predator engine on it - this way I could pull it into the woods and leave it there while I clean up brush.  Decided to paint it with some yellow paint I had around - looked better than the drab original green.  Used it this fall & it worked great!!

Chipper1.jpg

Chipper2.jpg

Chipper3.jpg

ChipperB4.jpg

• Like 3

Very cool!  I'd say you knocked this one out of the park.  That looks great.  I think you would find yourself tied up in conversation for the better part of a day if you had that setup at a show.

• Like 2

Looks terrific!

I ran an awful lot of brush and tops through one of these Mighty Macs when clearing our property for building.  It was slow going, but did a great job of reducing the piles to chips.  I ended up selling it after I started hauling brush piles out into the bog and letting it sink into the muck.  Much quicker process...but the chipper worked wonderfully!  I had thought about getting rid of the wheels and the flimsy frame and convert it to mount directly to my old Minnie-Mo RTU tractor and run it off the PTO.  That would have been an interesting project.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, Dave - I think you just upped the bar for some of the more talented guys on this website! (I'm not one of them).  That pairing looks fantastic.  Especially like the pinstriping on the chipper/shredder - just like the cowling on the tractor.