Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Mower deck rollers

Gerg

I'm in the process of repairing the mower deck on my 7117, all rollers need to be replaced. I found some on a website called (Maverick Mower Supply) priced at $8.95 each. Has anyone had any dealings with them?

Thanks Greg

Oak is good stuff, I had a old Cub Cadet that came with oak rollers, they  held up as well, I priced a 2-1/2" oak dowel but it was really expensive. If I had a wood lathe I could make them out of a limb. The plastic ones I found at the website were; 6-3/4" long 2-1/2" diameter with a 5/8" hole. I may be wrong but I think I need 6 of them, 4 in the middle and 1 at each end. It measures 29" inside the brackets.    

Greg

• Like 1

Bought some quite a few years ago for my 60" AC deck on my 620.   HORRIBLY expensive thru Simplicity dealer.  About 28.00 a piece.  Think I needed 8.  Took me a while to get enough money to order them!

• Like 1

Hello, There used to be a link to some boat trailer rollers that were able to be cut to any  size?  and at a reasonable price .

Thanks Ken in MI

• Like 1

The name of the place is "C.H. Yates Rubber Corp."  My understanding is, that when you contact them, identify yourself as a Simplicity/Allis Garden Tractor owner, and they'll pretty much know what rollers that you're lookin for.  Here's the link:

http://yatesrubber.com/

Merry Christmas to all!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gary said:

The name of the place is "C.H. Yates Rubber Corp."  My understanding is, that when you contact them, identify yourself as a Simplicity/Allis Garden Tractor owner, and they'll pretty much know what rollers that you're lookin for.  Here's the link:

http://yatesrubber.com/

Merry Christmas to all!

That's kind of ironic, I used my warn deck rollers to repair the rollers on my boat trailer.

• Like 1

Hello, I am a practical  person (CHEAP) . My wife was getting rid of an old white plastic cutting board  so I took it and , using a 3 inch hole saw cut a bunch of circles,  to use as spacers between my deck rollers  Here is a photo .  I also replaced the rod  when repairing the deck

Thanks Ken in Mi

42 deck 1.jpg

• Like 4

On 12/24/2017 at 8:27 PM, maxwood said:

Hello, I am a practical  person (CHEAP) . My wife was getting rid of an old white plastic cutting board  so I took it and , using a 3 inch hole saw cut a bunch of circles,  to use as spacers between my deck rollers  Here is a photo .  I also replaced the rod  when repairing the deck

Thanks Ken in Mi

You know, Ken has warned me of this trait a couple of times but on both I have noted that I will follow his lead. My girls call me Old Frugal Pants. I like practical better! 

• Like 2