Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

isetta

Missing rocks

isetta

Somebody posted recently asking where are the rocks in Michigan,  I confess they are now at my place9_9 Darn ads for free rocks........Trusty tractor and ole boat trailer.  Really tested the loader lifting power.   Wow rocks are heavy

IMG_1958.JPG

IMG_1960.JPG

IMG_1961.JPG

IMG_1962.JPG

IMG_1965.JPG

IMG_1967.JPG

IMG_1969.JPG

Edited by isetta
  • Like 1

isetta
1 hour ago, 720nut said:

I will say a very ingenious use for tire chains dOd

That trailer is just unreal what you've put it thru and it keeps ticking 666

I responded to a guys ad near my house for oem Powermax air cleaners and came home with tire chains,  been laying in garage unused til now,  they did work great for this

isetta

The loader only handled two of them.  On the big one I took a lesson from others and made a stone boat, dragged the stone up on the boat, then dragged the boat up on my trailer with a come a long.  Surprising how easy they pulled up the shallow slope to trailer.  Used a 2 ton come a long with a snatch block.   I read that granite weighs 150 pounds per cubic foot.  Estimate that big boy was about 1200 pounds.

isetta

One of them was what is called a Puddingstone, dragged to Michigan from Canada by glaciers and some say formed a billion years ago.........hmmmmmm.  Anyway they are different than the granite boulders we have so many of here in West Michigan.  Mine still covered in mud, this pic is an example about the same size as the one I hauled home.

img_1503.jpg

Edited by isetta
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

720nut
9 hours ago, gwiseman said:

Don't let my wife see these. I'll be making a trip to MI from MO..wah

I suppose you don't want me to show her little one we have in yard6ft dia. and 10 ft long 666

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• kwt
    • rockfangd
    • Brettw
  • Today's Birthdays

1. JONNYCASH
      JONNYCASH
      (52 years old)
  • Recent Status Updates

• Paul M.Murphy

Paul M.Murphy

Hello glad I got on this site. I hope to upload a couple of photos of my Simplicity Broadmoor 
      Model 707 Tractor. I have replaced all the belts on it and installed a new ignition switch.
      Have a mower deck which was in poor shape , repaced a couple of bushings and welded the
      deck where there was some holes. The tractor and mower deck came from a friend and the 
      mower deck metal was getting pretty thin. Some new metal was put in it and we also undercoated the underside of the deck. This was done by my friend Greg Toulman.
      I have not put the mower deck on the tractor yet, waiting for Greg to come home and give me a hand. Can you please tell me if there is a manual for the mower deck and where I could get one.
      I would also like to get some moon wheel discs as well.
      I will try and down load some photos of the tractor when my wife shows me how to. 
      I really love driving this tractor and also how well it is made compare today's tractors, especially the flexible rear end and the rollers.
      Tell the next time 
      Paul

· 8 replies
    • jbrooks

jbrooks  »  Talntedmrgreen

Josh

folowing  this from a link at the downloads.  I just rescued an AC 920 with the lambodini diesel. I can' t download  yet .  Where did you find the PDF copy you posted. . I would like to figure out how to adjust the injection pump. 
      I assume it's a bosche, correct
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts