Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Missing rocks

isetta

Somebody posted recently asking where are the rocks in Michigan,  I confess they are now at my place9_9 Darn ads for free rocks........Trusty tractor and ole boat trailer.  Really tested the loader lifting power.   Wow rocks are heavy

IMG_1958.JPG

IMG_1960.JPG

IMG_1961.JPG

IMG_1962.JPG

IMG_1965.JPG

IMG_1967.JPG

IMG_1969.JPG

Edited by isetta
  • Like 1

I will say a very ingenious use for tire chains dOd

That trailer is just unreal what you've put it thru and it keeps ticking 666

1 hour ago, 720nut said:

I will say a very ingenious use for tire chains dOd

That trailer is just unreal what you've put it thru and it keeps ticking 666

I responded to a guys ad near my house for oem Powermax air cleaners and came home with tire chains,  been laying in garage unused til now,  they did work great for this

42 minutes ago, PhanDad said:

Now you have a few.

Come on over, there's lot's more here you can have.

Do you offer free delivery before Christmas?😁

The loader only handled two of them.  On the big one I took a lesson from others and made a stone boat, dragged the stone up on the boat, then dragged the boat up on my trailer with a come a long.  Surprising how easy they pulled up the shallow slope to trailer.  Used a 2 ton come a long with a snatch block.   I read that granite weighs 150 pounds per cubic foot.  Estimate that big boy was about 1200 pounds.

One of them was what is called a Puddingstone, dragged to Michigan from Canada by glaciers and some say formed a billion years ago.........hmmmmmm.  Anyway they are different than the granite boulders we have so many of here in West Michigan.  Mine still covered in mud, this pic is an example about the same size as the one I hauled home.

img_1503.jpg

Edited by isetta
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, gwiseman said:

Don't let my wife see these. I'll be making a trip to MI from MO..wah

I suppose you don't want me to show her little one we have in yard6ft dia. and 10 ft long 666

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• AC710
    • Tarheel
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts