Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tom Batts

Bgb drive pulley

Tom Batts

I know the information I need is here someplace but I can't find it.

The drive pulley on bgb on my B110 is toast and I think the outer half was put together backward. Where is a drawing? Is there any adjustment on the pulley or is it just bolted together?

Sorry to ask a dumb question but I need help. 

Thanks for your patience. 

GregB

Here is a snip from a parts list:

5a3e5ee56eafc_BGBPulley.JPG.4d46e85e76e75aec67aa24c076abb398.JPG

AZ and AY are thin plastic Shim to allow for some slip when dumping the clutch.  About the thickness of coolwhip container lids.  AZ fits around the step on AW.

Edited by GregB

Tom Batts

I think I have it. I ordered a new assembly on ebay and want to make sure I know how it goes together. Mine is missing the plastic shims and item ax is wallered out in the center. 

I much appreciate your help. It is difficult when the parts you have are not correct and you have no experience! 

B-16_IC
9 hours ago, Tom Batts said:

I much appreciate your help. It is difficult when the parts you have are not correct and you have no experience! 

Been there, did that! Still doing it occasionally. :$

• Like 1

Tom Batts
9 hours ago, B-16_IC said:

Been there, did that! Still doing it occasionally. :$

Things are coming together now except my new pulley is delayed by the Christmas rush. 

Merry Christmas to all. 

Chris727

Merry Christmas Tom.

It might be helpful to download the parts manual for your tractor from Simplicity's website.

www.simplicitymfg.com

For the early B-110 with push button start the Simplicity equivalent is a 2110 Landlord, Model # 990432

For the late B-110 with key-start only, the Simplicity equivalent is a 2210 Landlord, Model # 990496

Allen Cooper

I just watched the bgb video Zippy has. It covers the problems you have described. He uses the clear hard plastic blister pack parts come in. Very good video.

Edited by Allen Cooper
word change