Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-10 GAS TANK

IS THERE A REPLACEMENT TANK AVAILIABLE FOR AN EARLY B-TEN. MINE IS RUSTED OUT. TRYING TO APPLY A SEALER,FOR A QUICK FIX. THANKS,HARRY

Try Sandy lake they may have one. I got one from a friend that got it there and it was coated inside. hope this helps

My AC B-10 gas tank also had a few big holes in it. I just sanded the bottom of the tank and coated the bottom of the gas tank with fibreglass and got the loose rust out of the tank with some stones off the driveway.And then coated the inside of the gas tank liquid fibreglass. [A href='htpp://www.simplicityva.com']htpp://www.simplicityva.com[/a]

I've had very good luck using J-B Weld on tractor tanks. Take a small ball peen hammer and dimple the rust holes after sanding then coat and allow to curew for 24 hrs or so. Worked well for me--good luck! Dave

Fiberglass is not the best thing to repair a gas tank with because gas will get between the fiberglass and metal and it will lift off unless you do the whole tank with it. Napa or any good parts store sells a gas tank repair kit, it is a two part kit and is epoxy resin and makes a very strong repair and will not lift off as fiberglass will. Don't even have to remove the tank or drain the gas. Used it for years in my auto repair shop. this stuff is dry and hard in 15 min. ready to use and is as hard as jb weld. Maynard aka/ucd

I have had very good luck with the product called "Kreem" mainly sold at motorcycle shops. It is a 3 part system which is used alot in motorcycle tanks and they also recommend using it in a new tank to use as a liner. [A href='http://www.instantop.com/cyclepages/kreem.htm'][img src='http://www.instantop.com/images/cycle2001/drag/kr001.jpg'][/a]

THANKS,I"V FOUND THE KREEM SYSTEM AND WILL TRY IT. I"V FOUND SANDY LAKE WAY OVER PRICED ON THERE PRODUCKS. IF THIS DOES"NT WORK,WILL BUY NEW. THANKS-HARRY

Personnal I find Uncle Bill and Co. great help, he recently e-mailed me pictures to help me decided what I needed for parts. The part he sold me for his effort was 2 bucks. Hat off too 'em MPH

Hi Harry, we have recently traded in 4 Variable speed units that have this tank, I will check their condition tomorrow. If we have a good one I will let you know. Neal Pierce

Neal, what kind of shape is the variable linkage in, most all of mine on the B-112 has oblong holes and undersize rods..MPH