Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

victorsnc

100th Anniversary of Simplicity - just 5 years away!

victorsnc

Well, in 2022 - Simplicity Manufacturing will be 100 years old!  I sure hope the "corporation" plans something really extraordinary to top the 1997 celebration, parade, and special edition tractor.

• Thanks 1

PhanDad
6 minutes ago, victorsnc said:

I sure hope the "corporation" plans something really extraordinary to top the 1997 celebration, parade, and special edition tractor.

Don't get your hopes up.

IMO, that's not the way of corporations - and who knows, with the way they close/divest/acquire companies these days, the Simplicity Brand may be gone in 2022 (and so may I).

But I'm a grumpy ol' man, so what do I know. 

gwiseman
20 minutes ago, victorsnc said:

Well, in 2022 - Simplicity Manufacturing will be 100 years old!  I sure hope the "corporation" plans something really extraordinary to top the 1997 celebration, parade, and special edition tractor.

Great idea Victor. With the history between SimpletrACtors.com club and Simplicity, the Briggs/Simplicity management connection, I say we give the old college try at urging Briggs & Stratton. Perhaps the club could partner.. just a thought.

• Thanks 1

PhanDad
40 minutes ago, Chris727 said:

Would be neat to get the old 75ths back up to WI for some sort of event. 

Wonder how many are still running? 

And of that total, how many with original Triad engine?

Talntedmrgreen

Well, regardless of Simplicity's participation or health in 2022 and the years leading up to it, I think we have a fantastic excuse for a good party!  

• Like 2

Stan-Tn

I would like to know how many 75th tractors are out there myself. Maybe someone could put a poll up to find out. I am sure there are others on here that were in the parade in 97 but I can tell you it was a great experience for me. Those 800 tractors (give or take) parading down the street in Port Washington was something else

• Like 1

Chris727

Regarding the 75th Sovereigns, I only remember seeing maybe one parted out on eBay, ever, so the majority are probably still together.  There are still a handful of new ones tucked away here and there. 

fishnwiz
5 hours ago, Chris727 said:

Regarding the 75th Sovereigns, I only remember seeing maybe one parted out on eBay, ever, so the majority are probably still together.  There are still a handful of new ones tucked away here and there. 

1 hour ago, dhoadley said:

Practice? 666

5 hours ago, Chris727 said:

There are about a dozen I seen this past year that came up for sale which is about the same number available in my area of Wisconsin the year before. 

Most guys think their tractors are really something special and ask unrealistic prices for them.

ShaunE
On 12/30/2017 at 12:44 AM, Chris727 said:

One was taken to a scrapyard in Monroe WI about six months ago with a BGB out of it.  I was too late to rescue it )-;

I have #548.  Been using the heck out of it for two years with original Triad.

Edited by ShaunE

GregB

About the E-bay one in PA.... Look at all the oil build up holding onto grass and debris wah

Major failure to happen if it is not already to late to save it...............

victorsnc
On 12/31/2017 at 2:14 PM, GregB said:

About the E-bay one in PA.... Look at all the oil build up holding onto grass and debris wah

Major failure to happen if it is not already to late to save it...............

Also, PO should have used something better than 1/4" luan plywood for the custom dash.

Second that opinion on the oil & debris on cylinder fins.  I would predict this Triad already has scored cylinder walls, galled pistons and damaged rings.