Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Seat cover

Josiah deshong

Hi everybody does anyone know if a seat cover for the 600-700series seat cover will fit a powermax or if somebody might have a seat they’d like to sell in good condition. Thanks for any help 

2 hours ago, ShaunE said:

Hey Joe,

I had mine re-upholstered. Working today so no pictures.  I may still have your email from when you wrote me about my soft cab.

Shaun , I'ld be interested to as I need a seat for my 620

Hey Shaun how ya doin did you get rid of your soft cab thought I saw it the other day still listed. I was looking on eBay at those seat covers and it looks like the seat pan on the 600 700 series is similar to my 4040. I finally got my 620 going had to rebuild my starter and put a new rear axel in it but got to plow some snow today on its first trip out of the garage since I bought it, I plowed for four hours was throughly impressed I think it plowed better then my allis d15 

12 hours ago, Josiah deshong said:

Hey Shaun how ya doin did you get rid of your soft cab thought I saw it the other day still listed. I was looking on eBay at those seat covers and it looks like the seat pan on the 600 700 series is similar to my 4040. I finally got my 620 going had to rebuild my starter and put a new rear axel in it but got to plow some snow today on its first trip out of the garage since I bought it, I plowed for four hours was throughly impressed I think it plowed better then my allis d15 

Glad to hear you're running & moving! Soft cab & blower are tucked away safe & sound.  Out of sight & out of mind.  That's why they aren't priced to move LOL!

20 hours ago, 720nut said:

You should have taken pictures of it while you were standing next to it HaHaHa!

I have to go out there & do some lathe work in a little while, I'll grab a couple pictures for you.

4 hours ago, ShaunE said:

You should have taken pictures of it while you were standing next to it HaHaHa!

I have to go out there & do some lathe work in a little while, I'll grab a couple pictures for you.

Never would have thought about ,it to many other things happening to worry about a seat

I saved my old seat and pan just in case I want to go back to original. However,  I replaced the seat with this one from tractor supply. Pretty close to original mounting holes for my 7014, had two holes I had to work on to get it to match up.

Tom

tractor seat.jpg

Edited by thmsdoyle

On 12/29/2017 at 8:33 PM, Josiah deshong said:

Hi everybody does anyone know if a seat cover for the 600-700series seat cover will fit a powermax or if somebody might have a seat they’d like to sell in good condition. Thanks for any help 

On 12/30/2017 at 12:00 PM, 720nut said:

This is the seat I had recovered several years ago.  It wasn't cheap & he's not very punctual but his work is extraordinary.  The second picture Is an attempt to show you a wire that is threaded through two small holes drilled in the bottom of the rear of the seat pan.  This was done to pull the cover down in the back to fit nicely.  I used the original foam.

IMG_1538.JPG

IMG_1540.JPG

2 hours ago, macallis180 said:

Boy, that is a nice looking recover!

Thank you.  I'm pretty happy with it.  I wish I could remember how much it cost though.  I had it done locally.  Two brothers have two different shops in neighboring cities.  They learned from their father.  They do high quality work but they are slower than the second coming LOL.