Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Officially Part of the Forklift Club

MarksA-C

Picked up this Forklift mounted to the tractor from a old dealership near me.

They used it for many years in the 60's until they could get a actual forklift to unload trucks.

B-1 Forklift mounted on a 1959 Simplicity 700 Wonderboy.

I got it running but it needs carb work as well as governor/throttle springs. 

More to come as I get it cleaned up!

26063511_10211469680681358_3924861892881

24059045_10211285507637147_1507534784893

24059063_10211285507397141_3241292740985

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Talntedmrgreen said:

Lookin great!!  Welcome to the ‘club’!  Have you had a chance to operate it yet?

Not yet, I have to rebuild the carb and then finish filling the hydraulics. 

Been TOO cold to work and even with the heater going garage barely breaks 20 degrees

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats, Mark.  Looks like a situation where the dealership knew they had to depend on it, so it got good care.

Nice find! Boy would I like to have one of those someday! If I did have one I would have a storage system like Josh does with all his racks. If you don't mind, could I ask how much one might expect to pay for something like this?

34 minutes ago, Simplicity7013H said:

Nice find! Boy would I like to have one of those someday! If I did have one I would have a storage system like Josh does with all his racks. If you don't mind, could I ask how much one might expect to pay for something like this?

These forklifts aren't exactly readily available. There was one mounted to a B-110 on Facebook maybe a month ago and I think it was listed at $2 grand but I don't know what ultimately happened to it. There were multiple offers probably for a higher price and it was a rough looking machine. I did get mine for next to nothing but many components were missing. I will probably have over $1000 into acquiring the missing parts and replacing hydraulic components, and it didn't come with a tractor. 

Edited by Chris727

I think we have seen a couple significant changes in how the odd and rare items are valued, due mostly to technology.  2 decades ago items like the forklift were thought of as almost mythical.  If one surfaced it was usually between private parties and the cost was high due to the percieved rarity.  

With the advent of craigslist, ebay, simpletractors, etc collectors were able to see these things more often so the scarcity declined a bit.  “Deals” would pop up, get snatched, and with the economy hurting the prices of most things dropped.  

Now, with facebook driving the majority of transactions, almost anything becomes an auction, so to speak.  Guys are battling each other, talking things up and prices climb rapidly.  Forgood or bad, Some amazing sale prices are being realized.  That forklift on facebook sirred a lot of interest and the seller quickly became aware of what he had.  His $2000 price probably jumped quite a bit as he was badgered with climbing offers. It seems he went quiet, likely due to the naysayers that seem to plague facebook discussions. 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• a_sannine
    • Snojetter
    • GregB
    • mbsengineer
    • Chris727
    • simplewrench
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts