Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity Snow Removal Needed

Talntedmrgreen

I am looking for any photos you may be willing to share of Simplicity and Allis tractors on snow duty!  I would like to use your photos and info for an article in Lawn and Garden Tractor Magazine. I would love to name contributors, however you may remain anonymous as well.  

Feel free to start up a discussion here, or email me:  MiSimplicityTractor@gmail.com

All photos use will need to be sent via email in as high of resolution as possible. 

-snowblowers of various models

-42" and 46" snow blades

-Sweepsters

-FDT, RBT single pulley and RBT double pulley blower hitch setups, small frame blower hitches

-Walk behind tractors with blower or blade

FDT, RBT and Small Frame Tractors of all brands, as well as later model Sovereign's, Sunstars.

17 hours ago, rokon2813 said:

None of mine look good enough for a magazine :(

Dan we need workers as much or more than pageant queens!  =]  I know you have to have a few pictures of tractors and monumental snowbanks of that wonderful Lake Erie snow.

Josh,

I don't have any recent pics, but here are two from Oshkosh, Wisconsin with my 811GT Allis Chalmers and home made cab.  The first is from 2010, the second, night blowing pic is 2011.  36 inch blower.  Use whatever info you like.

Steve Trudell

811GT 2011.jpg

811GT 2010.JPG

• Like 1

21 hours ago, rokon2813 said:

None of mine look good enough for a magazine :(

I resemble that remark! Mine is more ratrod than picture pretty. 

20171225_133600.jpg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Talntedmrgreen said:

Dan we need workers as much or more than pageant queens!  =]  I know you have to have a few pictures of tractors and monumental snowbanks of that wonderful Lake Erie snow.

Lake Ontario here :) Went "back in time" a little to find you a few....

Tried to find each brand for you.....

b10 snow.jpg

pile it up.jpg

landlord with blower.jpg

landlord blowing.jpg

squire front.jpg

squire rear.jpg

squire.jpg

squire stacking.jpg

• Like 1

Just one worker, my 6216.  A bit non stock, and does the neighborhood.

Shot of the front.

20180108_180829_resized.thumb.jpg.9011ea050aa844e6191740b5793c5b9e.jpg

Back side, with added light, weight box that includes ground bars for wires, and charging.  Battery on these is under seat pan.

20180108_180506_resized.thumb.jpg.67d9ce7cc78dff94b6b39e57534ed8ac.jpg

20180108_180751_resized.thumb.jpg.f1b8a5f073dcfb9a88dd25d417a85681.jpg

And location of fan and chute turner controls inside.

20180108_180720_resized.thumb.jpg.daa04e560dbb142d4a67555bd0186129.jpg

• Like 2

I just set this one up...it chews up snow and spits it out!

Broadmoor 14hv   2 cylinder B&S Vanguard...it is necessary to completely remove the blower and all its mounting hardware to use the mowing deck...so it is a bit of a pain to go back and forth, but it does a beautiful jonb on the lawn and a great job on deep snow   40 inches wide ...so it is worth it...I had just rebuilt the carb and put in new battery just before he cold weather

DSCN2854.jpg

DSCN2855.jpg

DSCN2856.jpg

DSCN2857.jpg

• Like 2

Josh, here are a few pictures taken today of my 1976 AC 710, just finished plowing the driveway.  This tractor is all original paint, and orginal 10hp Kohler,  and HD push blade.

P1020181.JPG

P1020182.JPG

P1020183.JPG

• Like 3

3 hours ago, GregB said:

IMG_1221.jpg

Way to show them Midwesterner's what a PA snowfall looks like.

The lake effect guys like Dan (rokon2813) already know.

Yea Bill we do get some deep stuff once in a while.  Those were from a couple of years ago.

Mike,

710 with hydro and hydro lift?  You do the conversion? 

I have a 716H I want to install hydrolift onto, already have the ported trans in it but have not done the pipes and valves yet. 

Greg, Yes I converted it to a hydro and put in the hydraulic lift.  A tractor puller friend of mine bought the 710-6 with a broken rod engine for the 6-speed rear end to connect to a 912 for pulling.  I said I would by the left overs from him.  Which was the front of the 710 and rear end with hydraulic lift from the 912.  I just needed the bolt on bushing for the hydraulic lever (which is a simplicity part), because the 7xx series did not have the weld on for the lever.

BTW the only thing wrong with the "bad" engine is that it had  0 compression.  It was just overhauled with a new .010 over piston but with std. rings.  Put in .010 rings and it runs great, always starts, and uses no oil.

Boy, I can still remember when we had that kind of snow in the midwest.  Had a Bolens tractor and blower for many years, and had to have drift buster irons on each side of the blower 'cause the snow banks were so high.  That kind of snowfall or snow accumulation has not happened in many years.  We were snowmobilers then also, and most years we were riding before Christmas.

2018 Winter 620.jpg

Edited by macallis180
added info
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, macallis180 said:

Boy, I can still remember when we had that kind of snow in the midwest.  Had a Bolens tractor and blower for many years, and had to have drift buster irons on each side of the blower 'cause the snow banks were so high.  That kind of snowfall or snow accumulation has not happened in many years.  We were snowmobilers then also, and most years we were riding before Christmas.

I remember riding over Thanksgiving break in about 1984 in Southern WI.  I also remember drooling over the 1985 Polaris Indy 600-SE!

Shaun:  The only new sleds we ever had were 1977 Yamahas.  Wife sold hers probably about 10 years ago.  My "new" sled is a 1990 Yamaha Phazer - haven't ridden that in probably 10 years or so!

2 hours ago, macallis180 said:

Shaun:  The only new sleds we ever had were 1977 Yamahas.  Wife sold hers probably about 10 years ago.  My "new" sled is a 1990 Yamaha Phazer - haven't ridden that in probably 10 years or so!

I just moved from the 90's into the 00's about 5 years ago.  Still can't afford a new one!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• RedbarnRick
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts