Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC 312 parts work on AC 710

Allen Cooper

Allen Cooper

Newbie question I can't seem to find an answer for. Will AC 312 or any other tractor parts work on a AC 710-6? If so which ones?

Very few parts will cross over. The A/C 300 & 400 series tractors are completely different from the Small-frame/Large-frame garden tractors. I have a A/C 414 Shuttle and a A/C 917 Large-frame. The attachments as well as everything from the frame up is different. I could swap tires but after that the list gets pretty short. The Simplicity 7000 series is practically identical  to your A/C 700 series.  I don't know how long the manufacture run was on that model, but it could well have been a decade. There are plenty of parts out there for your repair/upgrade needs. Good luck, Dave

Edited by dhoadley

I agree with the above.

The only common major components are the engine, BGB, and tranny.  And each can be a bit different depending on the exact specs of the tractor (eg, the cross shaft of the BGB is dependent on the tranny type).  

Allen Cooper

Thx guys.

Their are three partial tractors nearby. One seems complete except for the motor. the other ones are hood, frame, differential and wheels. All have the 23-10.5-12 rear wheels. Asking $360 for all three. All the lift leavers are gone except what appears to be one right hand lever and quad. None have a deck but there is a white tiller. Am i correct in thinking that this is a little high?

Yes Allen you are correct. The price on the parts machines should be around half or less of what he is asking. Keep looking there are tons of Simplicity's and AC's out there.