Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

620 fuel pump placement

Josiah deshong

I thought long and hard for a place to mount my fuel pump out of the way and so it looked like it wasn’t an after thought and this is what I came up with for my 620 allis. I took 16gauge steel and cut two ears and welded those ears to the back gas tank strap and then welded one stud on each ear to bolt the fuel pump to. By doing this I only had to run about 6 inches of wire to a new toggle switch  to turn it on and off. I’m still debating on the pumps placement for my 4040 because the hood doesn’t have the clearance like the allis in that area. Has anyone else found a good place for the fuel pump on the simplicity’s that’s out of the way and looks original any input would b appreciated

F28306E7-4E8C-4F35-9CD8-C3DB3F70C427.jpeg

C51B7C09-BDDA-41F0-8E45-6059B2D87587.jpeg

FD488154-5741-4321-BE0A-23A08DF0F23B.jpeg

Wired my electric fuel pump to the power wire from ignition switch leading to the coil.

On your 4040 there's plenty of room inside the drive shaft tunnel for a fuel pump.

Mine has a 90* plate that fits under front tank strap and is in front of the tank ,no clearance problems.

If I can find picture I'll post. Hope ya can see what I did here

DSCN1255.JPG

Edited by 720nut

4 hours ago, 720nut said:

Mine has a 90* plate that fits under front tank strap and is in front of the tank ,no clearance problems.

If I can find picture I'll post. Hope ya can see what I did here

DSCN1255.JPG

Is that brown belt on the front PTO Kevlar the ones I'm using are green.