Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

HB-23 ?!

D-17_Dave

Started a new project today, Probably be a while till I'm finished. But should be an interesting yard tractor when I'm done. What do you think? Would a HB-23 do the job? I'll get along some on it and try to post some pictures, Dave.

Dave, I asked some questions on an earlier post about how much power the bvb will take. Yours should be an awesome tractor. Mine will be bigger. I am looking forward to the pictures!

JonetteP,I don't want to open a can of gearbox worms here and I'm not concerned with biulding the biggest since what I'm useing is just leftover stuff i have lying around. But back to the bvg, one thing the other topic left off was the torqe rating of the gearbox. This comes from some years working on heavy eqiupment and Big trucks, HP is a realitive term identifying the amount of work that can be done in a given time period. Usualy based on an hours wourth of work. However the torqe rating is the working load applied to [in this case the bvg] gears. In my opinion the bvg would never stand the amount of steady power through it to run a large deck or other implement requiring large amounts of HP to operate. But I only intend on running the Hydro. trans. through it. Running the deck off of the rear of the engine. Which will also allow a 60 or so inch deck. Hope this helps clerify how to use the bvg and still get the most toy for the effort. Buy the way what power plant are you going to use and what will your model # be?